"They"

Discussion in 'DVD' started by TimmyH, Oct 23, 2003.

1. TimmyH

TimmyH Auditioning

Picked this up as a DVD rental (hadn't heard of it before), it is a surprisingly good horror flick. Very good special effects, well acted, and some good spooks; not very bloody- more of a "something is going to jump out of the dark" type, which is a plus for me. Also has an alternate ending in the bonus area which I actually liked more than the one appearing on the movie.

2. Michael Tolva

Michael Tolva Auditioning

I liked this movie better the first time I saw it when it was called "Darkness Falls".

It is basically the same plot. The "monsters" featured in the movie also seemed like a ripoff of the "facesucker" thing in Aliens. The alternate ending was interesting though.

I like most horror movies, even the bad ones, but this one put me to sleep. OTOH, I watched House of 1,000 Corpses 4 times and many people think that it sucks, so I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

MT

3. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

I saw Darkness Falls, couldn't stand it, heard They was similar so I avoided it like the plague and have not yet seen it. I also saw HOuse of 1000 Corpses and loved it, bought the DVD and have enjoyed it a few times.

4. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I can't imagine how they are similar at all...

Other than the creatures not being able to go in the light...

There's a script floating around the net for THEY, it's ten times better than the movie was. The movie was the result of studio tampering and sadly feels choppy, and poorly done.

5. Raine Linton

Raine Linton Stunt Coordinator

I liked this movie, especially the ending. I was going to buy it but it's not worth the 22+ dollars BB wants for it. I will pick it up used if I can find it though.