They Might Be GIants Direct from Brooklyn DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by James Lambert, Jul 21, 2003.

1. James Lambert

James Lambert Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if anybody had purchased this and as to what the sound quality is like. I've read that it includes commentary from the 2 johns.

2. Steve Meskell

Steve Meskell Second Unit

3. Page

Page Stunt Coordinator

I have this, also. Ditto to what Steve said.

(I am waiting for the documentary about them to come to DVD. Should be later this year.)

4. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I've got this, and it's well worth it. Sound is LPCM, very nice. If you've got DPLII decoding, some of the songs benefit from surrounds.

I saw Gigantic (the TMBG doc) at the AFI Silver Theater outside of DC during it's limited run. If you're a fan of the Johns at all, make a point to see this. I don't know if it's still in theaters, but it's coming out later this year on DVD.

5. James Lambert

James Lambert Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for the confirmation. Regarding the Gigantic DVD I believe it's coming from Plexifilm who were an offshoot from some of the fellas at criterion, so I think we can expect a top notch package.

6. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Just wanted to add a little aside here. I didn't know this, but TMBG does the theme music for the "Daily Show" (didn't know that until I saw Gigantic). And last night, when they were discussing lurid titles for covering Kobe Bryant's trial, one of the correspondents postulated that if Kobe had gotten the victim pregnant with twins they could start calling the trial..."They Might be Bryant's". Good god, that show is comedy gold.