"THEY LIVE" SE Version?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Gates, May 7, 2002.

1. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

They Live, along with Escape from NY, is among my alltime favorite movies. I've heard that Roddy Piper and John Carpenter have recently recorded their commentary for a new SE release of this fantastic movie, but I haven't heard any word from anyone in the know about when it'll be released.
    Anyone know?
    Anyone? :)
    I was tempted to buy the OOP original from e-bay, but they're selling for $50 plus. [​IMG]
    If anyone has info, I'd love to hear....
    John

2. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

John Carpenter & Roddy Piper recorded an audio commentary for They Live but this commentary was for the R2 German release from Kinowelt.

3. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I by a miracle just found a copy at the local Hastings today, so if you live in the midwest, you may wanna check out yours. I was gonna sell it on eBay still sealed, but then temptation came and I opened the sucker up......my love for the movie overwhelming my greed. Not too shabby transfer and audio.....I'll likely be willing to sell it soon....and I won't charge an arm and a leg. What have you got to trade, perchance?

4. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

Hi Nick,

Well, I've just completed a move to Alabama, and until early June, all of my stuff is in storage! :-( I'm afraid I can't offer any trade material at the moment.

Can I live vicariously through you for a moment? How did you like it? :)

Anyone else have info on the release date for the SE version?

John

5. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

Transfer was solid, if nothing spectacular. Dolby Surround track was definitely anchored in the front, with next no real use of the surrounds. Hopefully the R2 release has a 5.1 remaster, as it would certainly benefit some scenes.

"Hey baby, what's wrong?"

6. Bob Partovi

Bob Partovi Stunt Coordinator

I wonder if this will be one of those uber-hard to find releases or a general online release in Germany?

BTW, gotta love his bubble gum line.

7. Bob Partovi

This is what I found at a german website. Looks descent, but the Audio is definetly a let down. Looks like it just has a commentary and a making of extra. Cover looked the same as the US version. Not sure what to make of the 94 minute run time though. Isn't PAL supposed to be less?

Category: Sience Fiction running time: approx.. 94 minutes of release:

Display format (E): Widescreren (2.35:1 - anamorph) Clay/tone format (E): Dolby digital 2,0 in German Dolby digital 2,0 in English Dolby digital 2,0 in Spanish

Sub-title: German, English, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish, Swedish

Extra: - exclusive audio comment of John Carpenter and Roddy Piper (with German sub-titles) - Making OF Contents: Extraterrestial ones occupied the earth.

8. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

I'm currently selling my copy of the U.S. release on eBay

9. Jonathan.e

Jonathan.e Stunt Coordinator

Bob, where did you see that? www.amazon.de have no listing for this or the mooted Prince of Darkness Sp Ed.

10. Bob Partovi

11. John Gates

John Gates Second Unit

when When WHEN?

Anybody know WHEN the SE version will be released?

c'mon, there have to be SOME in-the-know folks lurking around this board... ;-)

WHEN?!?!?!?

Thanks!

John