What's new

Thesis reviews? (1 Viewer)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Since you appear to be asking for reviews of the film itself, I am relocating this post over to "Movies." Hold tight. ...

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
I am talking about the movie "THesis" by the director of open your eyes. It has a US Dvd release, so before I buy it i'm interested in any reviews.

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
For me it's a rental. When I first saw "Open Your Eyes" a couple of years ago I went nuts for it, drove down to Hollywood video and rented "Thesis" and a couple Penelope Cruz movies. The movie certainly does have a few great tense scenes, but it was a bit too disturbing for me to want to own.

Pieter

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Thesis, in short, is everything Joel Schumacher's god-awful 8mm aspired to be. The difference is that Thesis succeeds, and 8mm is a dismal, dismal failure.
It deals with the subject of SNUFF films in a manner that is truly terrifying and disturbing without all of the crass exploitation and ham-handedness of 8MM.
And it is truly, TRULY terrifying.
A great little flick. Rent it now!! I would buy it, but I'm waiting for a better, anamorphic release...
[Muthafuck -- this is my 100th post! Huzzah!!! :) ]

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I would also like to reccomend this film. Very well done and Amenabar handles the disturbing material tastefully. Some very suspenseful & terrifying moments, with believable characters. I also like the way he handles the theme of voyuerism relating to violence, it definitely left me thinking at the end. ***1/2 Stars

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks