These Girls

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Will_B, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Will_B

Will_B Producer

As a fan of Caroline Dhavernas' tv series Wonderfalls I am looking forward to the upcoming May 16, 2006 release of These Girls, which also stars Angel's David Boreanaz and Amanda Walsh and Holly Lewis.

But fans may want to heed a warning that the US edition of the DVD "...will be mildly tweaked for its U.S. DVD release", with between 1 to 5 minutes missing. The Canadian edition is expected to have the film as intended. So buy accordingly!

These Girls official website

2. Will_B

Will_B Producer

According to the director, writing on his blog: "After a little investigation I can now report that the US version of These Girls does not contain the extras that the Canadian disk has on it. The Canadian version has a commentary track with Caroline Dhavernas, Amanda Walsh, Holly Lewis and myself wise cracking for your entertainment. It also has an on the set interview with the girls and a whole pile of deleted scenes. The US version has none of these goodies - so beware. The Canadian version also has the cover art with David shirtless - perhaps a further bonus for some - whereas the US version has him in a white T-shirt (must be cold down there in LA). I have no idea if Amazon.ca will ship to the US but I would advise getting the Canadian version if you want your money's worth."

I'll update this review once my order arrives to confirm that this "ASIN: B000F4PD6M" is the Canadian edition and "ASIN: B000EMG922" is the inferior US version.