What's new

Thermal circuitry for 350W amp (1 Viewer)

bruin

Second Unit
I'm in the process of building 2, 1.9Cu ft sealed subs. I'm just debating over which driver to use. I already have 1 amp from Brian, the 350w@4ohm amp and wondering if the 12" Dayton DVC is ok for this amp.

I ask this because the DC resistance of the Dayton is 2.69ohms and in the amp manual it says that DC resistance should be no less than 2.5 ohms in a sealed enclosure or else the thermal circuitry of the amp would be activated more often.

So is the .19 ohms difference disregardable? Can anyone give me the thumbs up to go with this combo?

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Bruin,

I am using the same amp with a stryke AV12 and WOW its AWESOME combo in a 3.5ft3 tuned box.....

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Tony, have you also tried the av12 with the PE 250w amp(not sure if you have it)? I'm trying to decide if the rythmik is worth the extra.

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Yes i have both and IMO the rhythmik is better by far. More adjustable features for frequency cutoff off 14,20, and 28hz and low,mid, and High damping.

bruin

Second Unit
i think its great that people love this amp but i posted this thread in hopes of receiving help regarding the ohm issue...

TonyiBe

Stunt Coordinator
Sorry about that,

I would check with Brian from Rhytmik. I have no DVC subs to try for you.

BrianJ>Y

Stunt Coordinator
Bruin,

Sorry we "hijacked" your thread. Not many people if any on these forums have experience with the rythmik/dvc combo so it would be best to send Brian an email. He usually responds very quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks