What's new

There's Been A Change In The Osbornes/Donn7 & Marie Ad (1 Viewer)

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The Pepsi Twist spot which debuted during the Superbowl has undergone a slight change for new airings. At the end when Ozzy "wakes" up from what turned out to be a dream about Donny & Marie, his on screen wife calms him down as before. But they have now inserted a 2 or 3 second close up of the woman. Although I knew who it was even without the closeup, some people didn't.
It's Mrs. Brady herself, Florence Henderson.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
That "twist" happened in the airings during the Superbowl too though, didn't it?

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but there was no close up of the actress. Just a long shot which made it difficult to ascertain who she was.

UPDATE: I just received an email from a writer at Ad Age confirming the change from the original airing. He said the ad was finished practically hours before its first airing and he was told changes would probably be made.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
When I saw it on Sunday it was clear as a bell that it was Florence Henderson.

In fact I saw the commercial on one of those Entertainment shows a few days before the game and it was the same one they showed during the game.

MancusoB

Agent
Huh?

I saw the ad two or three days before the SuperBowl on Entertainment Tonight or Extra... it looked finished then.

I don't specifically remember the close-up from the preview, but I think I remember a close-up in the superbowl, because I noticed Florence Henderson's mole.

At any rate, great ad.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Well, it turns out there were two versions - one with the closeup and one without. And the beat goes on. :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
hehe yea I saw the commercial (close-up version) days before the Superbowl on Access Hollywood as well.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Yep, suffered from being played before the Super Bowl. The first time, it was cute but when it aired during the game, it was booed by our SB crowd.

Office Linebacker was the best.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
yes, office linebacker for sure. MAN that was funny.
even worked in an office space reference :)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I hated the Osbournes as when I first saw it during rhe Super Bowl (and there was a close up of Henderson then, at least it was easy to see it was her).

But now I kinda like it. I don't know if they've trimmed it a little or if it's just me, but it seems to flow a little better.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Well, today I looked at a tape of the game at a friends house. The commercial shown during the broadcast did not have the close up. So I'm not crazy.... (shut up Jack!) :D

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I thought it was obvious who it was (as did my guests) during the Super Bowl ad. Of course I was watching it on a 120" screen. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks