THERE SHE GOES - Sixpence and None the Richer was heard earlier in a movie by...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dick, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    All right, this is driving me batty. I know for certain that this song was heard under the credits of a late-80's movie, and was performed by someone other than SPANTR. I do not believe there is a soundtrack album - I have searched high and low. Has anyone the lowdown?

2. MatS

MatS Screenwriter

the song was originally writen and recorded by 'The La's' (Lee Mavers)on their inspiring self titled album. Later covered (with nowhere near the passion of the original)by Sixpence None The Richer

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    "There She Goes", as performed by The La's was featured prominently on the soundtrack to the Mike Meyers vehicle "So I Married an Axe Murderer"
    Regards,
    ------------------
    Ken McAlinden
    Livonia, MI USA

4. Derek Miner

Derek Miner Screenwriter

The Boo Radleys also did a cover for "So I Married An Axe Murderer," which played over the opening credits... much better cover than the Sixpence version.
    = Derek =

5. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

The Sixpence None the Richer version is on the soundtrack to "Snow Day". And another soundtrack besides the ones listed previous post is the "Parent Trap" soundtrack which has the version by The La's.
    Jeff_P