There is no hiding it....

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by DonnyD, Jun 23, 2004.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

The box came and although I had measured available space, I still was not prepared for how large the PB2+ really is. And even though I was pretty sneaky about putting it in place, it wasn't long til my youngest son was sent (by his mom) to advise that objects were shaking off the walls in the bedroom.....LOL.

For those contemplating this monster, be aware it is really large and what comes from it is even LARGER.... I've yet to really put it to the test with some favorite demo material but the brief glimpse I've had of its potential already has me in awe. My old 20-39PCI ain't even close.............although my GF prefers the look of the cylinder.......

Working as an industrial paint consultant for several years, I have to say I'm impressed with the finish on the PB2+.... and if I had to guess, I would say it's a urethane or at least a urethane modified coating. Very tough and also very well done......

2. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

The box came and although I had measured available space, I still was not prepared for how large the PB2+ really is. And even though I was pretty sneaky about putting it in place, it wasn't long til my youngest son was sent (by his mom) to advise that objects were shaking off the walls in the bedroom.....LOL.

For those contemplating this monster, be aware it is really large and what comes from it is even LARGER.... I've yet to really put it to the test with some favorite demo material but the brief glimpse I've had of its potential already has me in awe. My old 20-39PCI ain't even close.............although my GF prefers the look of the cylinder.......

Working as an industrial paint consultant for several years, I have to say I'm impressed with the finish on the PB2+.... and if I had to guess, I would say it's a urethane or at least a urethane modified coating. Very tough and also very well done......

3. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Congrats Donny... I also have the PB2+ and just love it! It goes great with my Rocket set up. Enjoy!!!!

4. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Congrats Donny... I also have the PB2+ and just love it! It goes great with my Rocket set up. Enjoy!!!!

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

The "paint" is actually a scientific mixture of 24% petroleum jelly, 45% silica, 26% crushed spider eggs, and 5% unobtanium.

6. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

The "paint" is actually a scientific mixture of 24% petroleum jelly, 45% silica, 26% crushed spider eggs, and 5% unobtanium.

7. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi Donny

Glad you like the new toy, all tho seems larger in real life once un-packed...[​IMG]

===>
    So what did you do with your 2039 after the big box monster arrived?
    ===>
    Is it for sale, taking offers, etc???, or are you trying to incorperate it elsewhere in the house...
    ===>

Paint type covering is actual NASA smuggled moon dust, crushed and mixed with an secrete epoxy base. Very diffucult to apply and special equipment is needed/used to apply it...

Regards
    Geoff

8. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Hi Donny

Glad you like the new toy, all tho seems larger in real life once un-packed...[​IMG]

===>
    So what did you do with your 2039 after the big box monster arrived?
    ===>
    Is it for sale, taking offers, etc???, or are you trying to incorperate it elsewhere in the house...
    ===>

Paint type covering is actual NASA smuggled moon dust, crushed and mixed with an secrete epoxy base. Very diffucult to apply and special equipment is needed/used to apply it...

Regards
    Geoff

9. KirkA

KirkA Agent

Congrats!

So how does it compare to the 20-39? You say it ain't even close: is it deeper, louder, what??

I was considering trading my 22-31 PCi for a PB2+ until I acutally figured out how big it really is. It's about the size of a washing machine.[​IMG] So much for being subtle but I guess if I wanted to be discreet I'd buy Bose.

10. KirkA

KirkA Agent

Congrats!

So how does it compare to the 20-39? You say it ain't even close: is it deeper, louder, what??

I was considering trading my 22-31 PCi for a PB2+ until I acutally figured out how big it really is. It's about the size of a washing machine.[​IMG] So much for being subtle but I guess if I wanted to be discreet I'd buy Bose.

11. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Congratulations and enjoy.[​IMG]

12. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Congratulations and enjoy.[​IMG]

13. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

The PB2+ really is not that bad, the wife put a doilie and a plant on it, I put alittle earthquake putty just in case under it and you hardly notice it in the corner other than looking like an end table or something.

14. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

The PB2+ really is not that bad, the wife put a doilie and a plant on it, I put alittle earthquake putty just in case under it and you hardly notice it in the corner other than looking like an end table or something.

15. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

I still haven't had the chance to run the PB2+ through its paces although I did fet to calibrate everything....I recently gave my beloved JBL L100s to my oldest son and now have a full set of Energy RVS & RVSS as I needed to calibrate anyway.

The PB2+ sounds MUCH larger than the 20-39. Considerably more pressure around you and quite a bit more house shake... I've actually turned my shakers off for now and still found that the couch is shaking! GF has been sick for a while which limits my actual use of my system.

This weekend, I intend to get out some of my favs and really get a good "feel" for my new sub before I get rid of the 20-39.... I have it sold to a guy in Memphis....

The 20-39PC itself has been no slouch. It has been the cause of buying the PB2+. From what I've seen, or heard & felt, the PB2+ is gonna cause quite a bit more structural damage than the PC !!!!!

GF still likes the look of the PC over the PB but ain't NOBODY putting no dadgum doily on MY sub...LOL I am using my PB as the "stand" for my right main, then an antique lamp is on top of the main. I bought supplies yesterday to build a stand for the left that matches the PB.....

16. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

Why not just buy another PB as a stand for your left main?[​IMG]

17. Ben Stern

Ben Stern Stunt Coordinator

DonnyD: Try to get a copy of "The Haunting" in DTS. Corner load your sub, set it to 16 and recalibrate it. Then play the movie and be prepared for what is, quite possibly, the lowest, nastiest bass you have ever heard in a movie.

18. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

That idea is beginning to form in my mind....LOL

But I first have to check to see if the gypsum was hung with nails or screws..........

Actually, I've still not really done any very spirited demos since GF is still sick but I hope to tomorrow. Got several lined up including The Haunting, SPR, Blade, Underworld, Iron Giant, etc...... I just watched Equilibrium recorded from satelite on tivo and it was quite significant.... can bare contain myself waiting to really put in some significant material.....