Themed Room

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by BrandonR, Dec 30, 2003.

1. BrandonR

BrandonR Stunt Coordinator

I thinking about doing a castle themed room in my new house. Does anybody know of any links to themed theater rooms?

Any input would be great.

Brandon R.

2. Darren Mortensen

Darren Mortensen Stunt Coordinator

Brandon,

I like the idea of a castle enviroment theater. My imagination could run wild on that one!

3. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

Castle design/layout....that would be awesome!
    LOTR room would be kewl too![​IMG]

4. Owen Bartley

Owen Bartley Second Unit

Brandon, I always wanted to do a castle themed room. I think most of my inspiration came from a picture in AV Interiors, I think it was a Runco ad. I have a scanned picture but can't upload right now, if someone wouldn't mind posting it let me know and I'll email it.

5. Robert McLay

Robert McLay Stunt Coordinator

Robert
    Yeah I believe the latest AV Interiors has an article on someone who did a castle themed room. It was very cool looking.

Rob

6. BrandonR

BrandonR Stunt Coordinator

The AV article was what got me started. Now I am trying to gather as much information together as I can. I have a friend who does faux masonary work. I was going to ask him to make my walls look like they where made out of old castle walls.
    If anybody else has any ideas or suggestion please post.

Brandon R.

7. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I've always wanted to do a themed room. I remember seeing one here or on the 'net someplace that looked like an old waterfront dock or something. You walked from what looked like one rustic building to an "outside" section with stars mounted on the ceiling and with mirrors on the walls to give the illusion that there was a sky overhead. Then you entered into a shanty-type building where the theater was. Very cool.

I can't find a link to save my life though. :b

I also remember an interview with Martin Mull where he explained that his dad had built a rec room to look like the mines from Snow White & the Seven Dwarves. His dad had used broken auto glass to look like diamonds pouring out of the walls. He said it was a great place to get stoned when he was young. [​IMG]

8. David Broome

David Broome Stunt Coordinator

I am in the dreaming stages, of course, but when I build my house, I am toying with the idea of making the theater be called "Under the SEAnema" and making it themed as an under the ocean scene with coral and fish murals and the like (and maybe a few Ariel pictures up for good measure). I'd be interested in any other pictures links people have as well for any themed theaters (not too late to change my mind :) )

9. Eddie L

Eddie L Stunt Coordinator

In Rochester, MN there was a theater downtown called the "Chateau". It had the castle theme. Beautiful old theater. As soon as you walked in the front door, you were transported to an earlier time. The main seating area looked like a courtyard. You had the sky above and all around you were castle walls with towers, and faux balcony box seating on either side. Now I still believe it's still there, but it's been 7 or so years since I was back. It's no longer a theater, as Barnes & Noble took it over. The marquee was still all lit up, the lobby area was there, and they left up most of the interior setting. At least they didn't tear it down!