What's new

"Thelma & Louise", "Road House" coming on Feb 4 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
So does the current DVD and so did the Laserdisc. It's the same commentary.
:eek:
You mean the answer may have been out there all this time and I missed it? Bummer.
So does anyone who has heard it know if he ever makes reference to how different this film is from all of his others?
I'm dying to know, really.

Tom De Rosa

Stunt Coordinator
Damn!
NO MAN'S LAND kicks butt, and was totally ripped off by Fast & Furious.
Only not nearly as well. Exotic car thieves and undercover cop, sound familiar.
Anyway, as always, "No Widescreen, No Sale."
Did I just violate someone's trademark?:D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know WHY www.dvdpricesearch.com shows the current Thelma & Louise as a Special Edition? Nowhere on the packaging does it say SE. (One commentary track makes an SE, not!)
I've noticed this many times on several websites....plus the DVD Profiler database. They'll say "Special Editions" when they are really just regular releases. Profiler lists many titles as "Special" for some odd reason, when they are not. I change them in My Profiler list when I see this happen.
It seems that word Special is being tossed around too loosely by a lot of people. Why do some websites decide (out of wholecloth) to just go ahead and label some titles as SE's, when they are not meant to be referred to as such by the DVD creators? Curious indeed.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know WHY www.dvdpricesearch.com shows the current Thelma & Louise as a Special Edition? Nowhere on the packaging does it say SE. (One commentary track makes an SE, not!)
A lot of these websites get their info straight from Link Removed, since that's easy to do. :)
Image marks ANYthing with a commentary track as a "Special Edition", even when there is nothing on the package to call it that. That's kind of a holdover policy from the days back 2 or 3 years ago when the only "SE's" that hit the market was...(drumroll please) anything with a commentary track! :D
I agree that these days an SE is rather different in terms of definitions. Myself, I use whatever the box says. For instance, one new purchase of mine yesterday goes into my database as "Sum of All Fears, The - Widescreen Collection Special Collector's Edition". :laugh: Whatever Paramount wants to call it!
Also note that Image (and hence the other e-tailers) will put an "SE" tag onto ANYthing that is a "Collector's Series" or a "Platinum Edition" or a "Limited Edition" or whatever. They lump it all under "SE", no matter what name the studio chooses to give the item. :frowning:

No Mans Land Full Frame = Italian Trash

OAR ANAMORPHIC PLEASE!!!!

Miami Blues non anamorphic.........who would do such a thing to REMO! (STRANGER'S DON'T APPROACH OTHER STRANGER'S
IN AN AIRPORT.......THIS CAN BE HAZARDOUS!!!)

HA HA

James L White

Supporting Actor
Road House:emoji_thumbsup:
also The digitalbits lists a February 18 date for Life Stinks, woo hoo another catalog title off my wish list:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks