"Thelma & Louise", "Road House" coming on Feb 4 (MERGED THREAD)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Oct 27, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/10_28.html
    Coming in February is another huge batch of MGM catalog faves, led by the what-took-ya-so-long special edition of Ridley Scott's Thelma & Louise. Featuring a new 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and 5.1 Dolby Digital surround track, extras include 2 audio commentaries, with director Ridley Scott and a second with Susan Sarandon, Geena Davis and screenwriter Callie Khouri, 30 minutes of deleted scenes, an alternate ending with Scott commentary, 4 new making-of featurettes, "The Final Chase" multi-angle storyboards, a music video, still gallery, and trailers. Retail is $24.95 and street date February 4th.
    This is great news although I would like to know when Blade Runner will be released as well.

2. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-...002/10_28.html
    More action adventure due on the 4th includes the Patrick Swazye hit Roadhouse, Mickey Rourke in A Prayer for the Dying, and the Charlie Sheen car theft thriller No Man's Land. All include anamorphic widescreen and full screen transfers (except No Man's Land, which is full screen only) and English and French 2.0 surround tracks. Extras include trailers, and retail is $14.95 each.
    MGM will also release six new-to-DVD Charles Bronson thrillers: 10 to Midnight, Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects, Messenger of Death, Assassination, Mr. Majestyk and Murphy's Law. All include anamorphic widescreen and full screen transfers, English, French and Spanish mono tracks (except Assassination, which is presented in 2.0 Dolby surround) and trailers. Retail is $14.95 a pop, or $54.95 for a Bronson 6-pack.
    Rounding out MGM's February 4th lineup are a wave of family titles, led by the Bill Murray comedy Larger Than Life, the kangaroo adventure Joey, and the sequel The Black Stallion Returns. All are presented in full frame only with trailers as extras. Also making their DVD debuts are three Hello Kitty adventures, Hello Kitty Goes to the Movies, Hello Kitty Saves the Day, and Hello City Becomes a Princess. Each is presented in full screen and English and French mono, with no extras. Retail is $14.95 each.

3. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

Thanks for the heads-up, O-Man! [​IMG]
    In addition to Thelma & Louise, I'll really be interested in this one .......
    "After a blink-or-you'll-miss-it theatrical run, Warner will bow the Clint Eastwood thriller Blood Work on December 27th (yes, a Friday). Available in separate Pan & Scan and Widescreen versions, extras include "The Making-of Blood Work" featurette, 'A conversation in Spanish with Clint Eastwood, Wanda DeJesus, and Paul Rodriguez' (subtitled in English), and the trailer. Retail is $26.95 for either version."

4. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

:b I'm ashamed to admit it...but out of all those other titles that MGM and Warner are releasing (in above link), the only one I've ever even heard of is Roadhouse. :b
    I'm sure, though, that someone will be feasting on this large batch of releases [​IMG] ......
    Barbershop
    24-Hour Party People
    Our Song
    A Prayer for the Dying
    10 to Midnight, Kinjite: Forbidden Subjects, Messenger of Death, Assassination, Mr. Majestyk
    Larger Than Life
    The Black Stallion Returns
    Hello Kitty Goes to the Movies, Hello Kitty Saves the Day, and Hello City Becomes a Princess.
    King of Texas
    Andrew Lloyd Webber: Live From Beijing.

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

Roadhouse is a Patrick Swayze vehicle along with a great soundtrack from The Jeff Healey Band, who also have a cameo in the movie
    [​IMG]

6. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

7. Gary_O

Gary_O Stunt Coordinator

According to DVDFile.com these 2 and others are coming from MGM in February. Can't wait for RoadHouse, I've been waiting for this guilty pleasure for a while, and it's at a great price 14.95 msrp

8. David Von Pein

David Von Pein Producer

How many of these threads are necessary? [​IMG]

9. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

I thought Oscar had a monopoly on posting of all the morning's news we've already read from DVDFILE....

-Chad

10. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

11. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

:b

realized too late it was all MGM

12. Jay E

Jay E Cinematographer

Another low $ month for me for MGM DVDs (I'm only interested in Thelma & Louise SE). I'm both relieved and disappointed at the same time.

13. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I wish they would have included in that Charles Bronson 6 pack a movie he was in with his wife, Jill Ireland, called "From Noon til three" a western.
    Kind of a love story kind of western. pretty good though.

anyone know when this one will be released?

14. Rain

Rain Producer

Ah, we're finally getting that Thelma and Louise SE, huh? Great news. I love that film.
    (And I still don't believe it was really directed by Ridley Scott. [​IMG] )
    Hey, I just noticed the release date is my birthday. Cool. I'll have to buy myself a present. [​IMG]

15. Dharmesh C

Dharmesh C Supporting Actor

Why is No Man's Land full screen ONLY??? [​IMG]

16. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

I love the cover:
    [​IMG]
    It's like the Usual Suspects one where that's just a slipcover.

17. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

King of Texas is that Patrick Stewart version of King Lear that is set in the American Old West. I think fellow TNGer Colm Meany is in it, too.

18. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray

19. Rain

Rain Producer

The specs for Thelma and Louise are up at The Digital Bits.
    Apparently the disc will have a commentary from the alleged director Ridley Scott.
    At last, perhaps the mystery of why he completely abandoned his usual sensibilities, and made a film that is totally different (and far better) than anything else he has ever done, will be solved.
    I can hardly wait.
    [​IMG]

20. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor