Theatertek & FFDSHOW problems

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Joan_H, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Joan_H

Joan_H Extra

Greetings:

Right now I'm using Theatertek 2.0.6 for dvd playback in my HTPC and FFDSHOW 20041012 for post-processing the image, but I have a little problem with it, after I enable FFDSHOW I can't get the original aspect ratio from any dvd. The problem begins after I enable in FFDSHOW the codec for raw video (the option I choose for it is all suported).

After I enable this codec the complete picture looks like reduced in the screen, I have to use the aspect ratio menu from theatertek to get a ratio that is close to the original but its not. I'm also using in FFDSHOW the post-processing, Blur/noise reduction and sharpen filters.

Can somebody tell me if this is a bug from FFDSHOW or this is normal and if there is a way to solve this.

Thank you.

2. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

Joan..go into the ffdshow configuration and check out the resize & aspect menu..now in the guides they tell you to check "keep original aspect ratio" but when I do this I get the problem you have..I have found I need to click "no aspect ratio correction" to get a proper picture..ight want to try that out..here is a pic of the screen I am talking about..hope it helps..

[​IMG]

3. Joan_H

Joan_H Extra

Same thing [​IMG] , I have to setup the aspect ratio manually, I also tried your suggestion with auto aspect ratio enabled and then disabled in Theatertek but still the same.

Let's hope FFDSHOW developers fix this bug soon.

Thank you anyway [​IMG]

4. Dave_vega

Dave_vega Stunt Coordinator

sorry I can't be of more help Joan..what I can recommend though is trying out Andy's ffdshow..I use it and it's alot nicer than the version you are running..for some reason though microsoft's anti-spyware detects it as spyware in the registry key..just have to set it to ignore this entry if you use MS spyware program..check it out here..

http://ffdshow.leffe.dnsalias.com/andy2222/

now the one I use is the 20040709 SSE2 version..I was using the preview version for a bit but I was not able to playback my mpeg1's with it installed..SSE2 works really well..far better than the official ffdshow release..good luck

5. Joan_H

Joan_H Extra

I'll try it out, thank you very much for your help

6. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

Hmmm, I think the standard practice when using FFDShow is to disable aspect ratio correction (set to "No aspect ration correction") and leave it enabled in your player.

At least, that is what I do with Zoomplayer. Never had a problem with all the versions of FFDShow I've tried.

Also, if you change settings in FFDShow while within the player, you may need to restart your player before the settings take effect. In fact, in some cases, the picture will be screwed up once youapply the changes without restarting (particularly when playing with the Resize filter).