theaterlink on toshiba XXHX83 question

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Abe Rodrigue, May 10, 2004.

1. Abe Rodrigue

Abe Rodrigue Stunt Coordinator

quick question for all of you toshiba cinema series owners.
    I have pretty much made up my mind on the 57HX83. The only question that I have is about the theaterlink feature.
    Can you only control two other components with it? (I checked their website and it seems to only control two components) I am having an entertainment center custom built that hides everything except for the TV screen itself. So this option is pretty important to me. It will save me some $$ if I don't have to buy a seperate IR controller.

Thanks in advance.

2. Abe Rodrigue

anyone?

3. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

The set comes with 2 IR transmitters, but you can always use generic emitters (like Xantech's) for more. There are 2 IR output jacks on the TV, so with a Xantech dual emitter, you can have a total of 4 transmitters connected.

You can go further by adding something like a 789-44 connecting block which would give you 4 outputs per output on the TV. With two connecting blocks and dual emitters in each output, you'd have a total of 16 emitters. Need more? Daisy chain connecting blocks!

4. Abe Rodrigue

Hey, great to hear from you John!! That is the answer I was looking for. Now I have another for you. Will I still have the ability to use any remote? Say a Denon (the one with the 3805) or a harmony remote? Thanks again.

Oh, one more thing, about how much dough are we talking about for the parts listed above? and where to get them?

Thanks again for the info!!

5. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Yup, any remote should work just fine. The Toshiba just outputs whatever it receives, provided the signal is within it's bandwidth capability (I don't know what that is exactly, but I haven't heard of any problems).

This stuff is pretty inexpensive, really. Try calling Xantech to find a local dealer and if that fails, I'd be happy to supply you (email me privately).

6. Abe Rodrigue

thanks again for all the help!