Theaterish carpet ?

JimMAC

Agent
Reaction score
I have been searching for some theaterish-looking carpet, something with a design, swirls or something, to put in the basement ht. Haven't found too many choices, most dealers only carry "normal" home carpeting. I did find a dark green popcorn/reel design. Anyone having luck finding this type of theater carpet.

Thanks,
Mac

chris_everett

Second Unit
Reaction score
Check out commercial carpet places. I found some that's black with neon colored "details" that's cheaper than typical home carpeting.

SteveEasley

Auditioning
Reaction score
I had personally found that most of the specialized HT carpets where out of my price range. Instead I wound up going to a large carpet outlet in town and browsed through their remnant section. I wound up finding the perfect carpet that gave my theater a commercial feel, at a fraction of the cost. The carpet I found wound up being a wool Berber. Which is one of the best carpet materials you can buy.

A close-up of it can be found by going to the construction page of my HT website. See my sig.

GrahamTAK

Extra
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what carpet you buy - You can get the true theatre effect by soaking it in coke and fake butter!

JimMAC

Agent
Reaction score
Appreciate all the links, makes shopping so much easier. I guess I better make sure it is
stain resistant

Mac
aka Jim

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balbendergeta