What's new

Theaterish carpet ? (1 Viewer)

JimMAC

Agent
I have been searching for some theaterish-looking carpet, something with a design, swirls or something, to put in the basement ht. Haven't found too many choices, most dealers only carry "normal" home carpeting. I did find a dark green popcorn/reel design. Anyone having luck finding this type of theater carpet.

Thanks,
Mac

chris_everett

Second Unit
Check out commercial carpet places. I found some that's black with neon colored "details" that's cheaper than typical home carpeting.

SteveEasley

Auditioning
I had personally found that most of the specialized HT carpets where out of my price range. Instead I wound up going to a large carpet outlet in town and browsed through their remnant section. I wound up finding the perfect carpet that gave my theater a commercial feel, at a fraction of the cost. The carpet I found wound up being a wool Berber. Which is one of the best carpet materials you can buy.

A close-up of it can be found by going to the construction page of my HT website. See my sig.

GrahamTAK

Grip
It doesn't matter what carpet you buy - You can get the true theatre effect by soaking it in coke and fake butter!

JimMAC

Agent
Appreciate all the links, makes shopping so much easier. I guess I better make sure it is :) stain resistant :)

Mac
aka Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks