Theaterish carpet ?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by JimMAC, May 15, 2004.

1. JimMAC

JimMAC Agent

I have been searching for some theaterish-looking carpet, something with a design, swirls or something, to put in the basement ht. Haven't found too many choices, most dealers only carry "normal" home carpeting. I did find a dark green popcorn/reel design. Anyone having luck finding this type of theater carpet.

Thanks,
    Mac

2. John Prator

John Prator Stunt Coordinator

Mac,
    I found some at pretty good prices here:

www.kidcarpet.com

Hope this helps.
    John

3. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

Check out commercial carpet places. I found some that's black with neon colored "details" that's cheaper than typical home carpeting.

4. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

5. SteveEasley

SteveEasley Auditioning

I had personally found that most of the specialized HT carpets where out of my price range. Instead I wound up going to a large carpet outlet in town and browsed through their remnant section. I wound up finding the perfect carpet that gave my theater a commercial feel, at a fraction of the cost. The carpet I found wound up being a wool Berber. Which is one of the best carpet materials you can buy.

A close-up of it can be found by going to the construction page of my HT website. See my sig.

6. GrahamTAK

GrahamTAK Extra

It doesn't matter what carpet you buy - You can get the true theatre effect by soaking it in coke and fake butter!

7. JimMAC

JimMAC Agent

Appreciate all the links, makes shopping so much easier. I guess I better make sure it is [​IMG] stain resistant [​IMG]

Mac
    aka Jim