Theater Stage and Curtains Needed

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by ScottGo, May 15, 2006.

1. ScottGo

ScottGo Auditioning

Does anyone know a good source to buy theater curtains. I also need a good source for a remote control curtain rod and a stage. Thanks!!![​IMG]

2. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Is this for your home theater? We made theater curtains using felt fabric from the local fabric store.

If you need real theater curtains, check your local theater supply company. They aren't cheap, as they have to be fireproof. But, you can usually find some.

3. ScottGo

ScottGo Auditioning

Is it better to buy from the local fabric store than to buy from a place like HTmarket? Probably cheaper but then I have to have a seamstress do the sewing so it may be a wash

4. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

Check out places like JC penneys home store. When I get to that point, im getting close, thats where im going. They have hundreds of patterns to choose from and will make to order.
    The remote curtain rod think, good luck. I'm still looking for another option for an IR controled curtain rod. Here is about the only one I've found so far....
    http://www.homecontrols.com/cgi-bin/...ith-Rod-Center
    If anyone else has a better IR set, let me know.

5. Dino Shans

Dino Shans Auditioning

Call Betty at That's Sew Business. She runs a little shop out of San Antonio Texas that makes all types of custom drapes and remote control shades for HT's.

The correct # is 210 375-7757. That may be an old number, I'm sure she's listed.

6. Don.l

Don.l Stunt Coordinator

What do you mean by a stage? Like a prebuilt stage or DIY info on building a stage? If you want to build a stage (which by the way is really simple and fun), then I suggest this link http://www.tedwhite.homestead.com/Stage.html
    It's easy to follow and good pictures. Good luck.

Don

7. pastorjasonrains

pastorjasonrains Auditioning

Have you found your theater Stage Curtains yet?

I am a pastor at a large church in Indiana and we are going to be redesigning our stage next month. We currently have a very large tan stage curtain that we will be selling at a very reasonable price compared to what's out there on ebay and other places. here are the dimensions of what we have.

12' wide x 20' tall (2 panels this size)
    14' wide x 20' tall (2 panels this size)

total of 4 panels that would cover a good area and are tall enough for your average stage. My understanding is that they are also fireproof (but I'm not certain on that)

Feel freel to contact me at the following

[email protected]

Let me know what your budget is if you still need these and I'll see what we can make happen for you.

God Bless

Humbly In His Grip

Pastor Jason Rains