What's new

Theater seats in St.Louis area (1 Viewer)

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
I've got a new lead on theater seats in the St. Louis area. (Washington, MO to be exact)
I'm going down Saturday morning to check some out (hopefully to pick them out and take them home!!).
I'll take the digital camera along and get some pics.
From what the seller tells me these are out of an AMC theater in the St.Louis area, have cup holders and are Maroon in color.
Email me at [email protected] for more info.
------------------
You liked the movie? Try it on a nine foot screen.

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
Steve,
What a small world!
I grew up near Washington, MO. They were our (Union) school's biggest rivals in football :)
Anyway, I now live in Columbia, which is about 90 miles away from Washington - My parents still live about 20 minutes from there.
If there are any seats left over, Id be interested too! :)
Is there a theater going under or something? I was there not too long ago...Come to think of it, I was there 2 weeks ago.
Have fun!
-Ryan Dinan
------------------
variablehumpy.gif

DaveBB

Supporting Actor
The only AMC Theater that closed in St. Louis was the Northwest Square 9 that was in the strip mall behind the actual mall. The Wehrenberg Theater inside the mall, upstairs from the food court closed for a few months and recently reopened.
Looking forward to seeing the pics.
[Edited last by Dave Beebe on July 13, 2001 at 12:54 PM]

Steve_D

Second Unit
I've seen them...I was going to buy some already recondioned older seats from him but the bidding went too high. The guy has about 400 of the ex-AMC seats left...so no worries about running out anytime soon unless someone buys them in bulk.
The AMC seats are in mixed shape. Most of the cushions seemed good...if it were me I'd re-paint the bases. But they're fairly priced so you would come out ahead re-conditioning them yourself. Many would just take a light sanding and repaint to be near perfect.
He's (Brady) a real nice guy and owns/runs a custom installation business, his work has been written up in Home Theater Interiors a couple of times.
------------------
Link Removed

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Bradey seemed to be pretty amicable when talking to him on the phone.
These seats are out of an AMC that had been remodeled.
I know he had them on EBay at one time.
------------------
You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.

Steve Schick

Stunt Coordinator
Well... I've bought a set of these seats after checking them out. They are in pretty decent shape. Kind of dark pink with maroon fabric and arm rests.
They do have some rust and will definitely need tearing apart to clean (a few screws and spring clips).
But for the price they are a good deal (IMO).
I'll try to post some pics online soon.
------------------
You liked the movie? ......Try it on a nine foot screen.

Jeffrey Chin

Second Unit
prices on the seats please?
I saw some theater seats from Radio City Music Hall when they renovated it...the guy at the antique shop @ NYC wanted $1,400 a seat..ouch
------------------
Link Removed

I live in Saint Louis, and would love more information on this. Could you please e-mail me with the price you paid and how to contact the guy. Thanks, Doug

Scott H

Supporting Actor
Remember when people were taking seats out of the Arena in STL before they closed it up? I wonder if any of those ended up in HT's? There's prob a few down on Cherokee St. Hmm...memories of STL hockey...
------------------
My DVD Library
Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks