What's new

Theater Room Setup. (1 Viewer)

God_Speed351

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Burgess
Is a 50" DLP
Will have an Onkyo 606/706/806 receiver, Elemental Designs speakers and not sure about sub.

Current setup(previous owners)(Wall to the left of fireplace has a set of double doors)

Was thinking of this, but the viewing angle of DLP's goes down if you put the TV up that high.

And leaning towards this right now.

Thoughts, Ideas, Suggestions?

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
I've seen this pictures before.

I agree not to put it above the fireplace. Anything else would be better. I like what you're leaning towards, but makes the fireplace fairly useless. Any thoughts on just removing the fireplace?

Also, remember that living rooms don't have to be perfectly symmetrical. If it was an actual theater room, you'd want things squared up, but with a living room, you have to make sacrifices. Have you ruled out putting the display to the right or left of the fireplace and configuring the furniture appropriately?

My niche was already to the side of the fireplace, so it was easier, but I think it can maybe be done in your situation too. You just have to skew the furniture to one side as well and adjust the distances on your speakers.

This picture is old and we now have a sectional in that room, but it'll give you an idea of how we placed the furniture to one side of the room (more in front of the TV) which also allowed for a larger walking area, thereby making the room seem bigger.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I kinda like the fireplace behind the couch. It separates the 'theater' part of the room and allows you to have a nice fire going while watching movies without being distracted. Plus it makes for a great layout for a 7.1 setup.

God_Speed351

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Burgess
Yeah I understand about not having to be symmetrical. But the OCD in me and wanting the room as close to perfect is what is making me want the TV on the opposite wall from the Gas logs/Fireplace.

I guess it will be finalized when we move in next week.

God_Speed351

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Burgess

Corner placement is out. :thumbsdown:

Yeah I'm thinking something along these lines

New front

But again this could all change when the stuff is actually in the room.

God_Speed351

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chuck Burgess
Room layout is staying, changing just a tad. The front L speaker will be on the other side of the door along with a poster. Will update picture tomorrow. Now I need to decide on Upgrading receiver + 3 of seven speakers. Or upgrading speakers first. What would you do?

Option 1:
Buy Onkyo 806($550) + Elemental Designs Speakers-2 6T6 L/R and a 6T6 Center ($476) + Use current Kenwood HTiaB for Rear and side surrounds= $1026

Option 2:
Use current Kenwood HTiaB receiver + Elemental Designs-2 6T6 L/R ,a 6T6 Center, 4 5T5's for the rear and surrounds($816)= $816.00

Option 3:
Use current Kenwood HTiaB receiver + Elemental Designs-2 6T6 Towers L/R ,a 6T6 Center, 4 5T5's for the rear and surrounds($930)= $930.00

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks