What's new

Theater Room set help!!! (1 Viewer)

jeffro-c

Auditioning
Real Name
jeff carter
Hello Alll I have just finished my first real theater room in my basement and could really use some good advice on the best way to set up my home theater system so i can get the best out of what i have :D Here is what i am running pioneer vsx-92txh elite receiver sony Blu-ray player fios HD-DVR (2) Harman Kardon citation 7.1 Thx lucas films certified amplifiers (bridged) panamax m5100-pm Home theater power management Triad classic gold LCR triad classic gold surrounds everything is connected via HDMI any and all help will be greatly appreciated Thanks.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Jeff, what specifically are you looking for? It sounds like you already have everything hooked up. Love the Triads BTW, great choice. Are the amps single or seven channel amps? If they are singles I would go preamp out from the Pioneer to them and use them for the left and right channels. If they are seven channel then preamp out all channels to the amps and hook up all speakers.

jeffro-c

Auditioning
Real Name
jeff carter
Hi guys thanks for the replys :D i have a triad in room powered sub and a epson 8350 pj . the HK"S are 4x150 and im running them bridged 2x450 @8ohm bridged. i should have been more clear SORRY the problem i am having has to do with the set up of the pioneer i ran the mcacc and all is good. my problem is when i change inputs on the pioneer im getting this poping sound in all the speakers and dont know if its because i have not really set this up right ie assigning inputs ect. my brother gave me thisd system came over hooked it all up to get it going and left me to figure out the receiver as thats the only thing i purchased. so i think its either a set up issue or a grounding issue.today i am going to run a dedicated 20 amp circuit for the theater only as well as a isolated ground receptacle and hope for the best. any input advice would be great.gonna hit the manual front to back now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks