What's new

Theater plans (1 Viewer)

Pat Underwood

Auditioning
I've been skulking around these boards for the last couple of years and recieved lot's of valuable information on component selection and set up.

I just purchased my first home and decided to make my first post in the HT Construction page, looking for some much needed advice. I think I have a room that may end up being a challenge for many reasons. Then room dimensions are 11 X 28 with a 6'4" suspended ceiling.

I have the opportunity to purchase a panasonic 500u at a substantially reduced price through an employee buying program and I can't decide how to mount the projector. I'm looking for a 70 - 80 inch diagonal screen

Also in your opinion do you think I will have any problems with acoustics with a room that is so long? Should I stud out another wall to shorten the room?

One other problem is on the right hand side of room is the chimney foundation that is ~ where I think that the surrounds should be mounted ~ 10 ft back from the front of the room.

To give you an idea of what my system consists of: Denon AVR-3300, Denon 2900, B&W 602 Front (soon to be replaced with 703 and moved to the surrounds) B&W HTM7 center, infinity bookshelf surrounds (so old I don't remember the model). Velodyne 10 inch subwoofer (hopefully soon to be replaced with SVS)

I know this is a long post but any help would be appreciated.

Andre P

Auditioning
You could add a wall to shorten the length of the room. Place your equipment on a in wall rack on the new wall that you can access from behind (portion of room not used for HT).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks