What's new

Theater is complete. Pics (1 Viewer)

steveFa

Auditioning
Come and take a look and let me know what you think. I'm so excited that it is finally finished. Any questions or suggestions please let me know. The only thing left to do is calibrate the TV, and that sould be done in April sometime. Sorry but I have to go, there's a movie I have to watch....Steve

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
You can see it HERE.

Looks nice, Steve. I like the color.

Are you planning on going front projection someday? You've got a great space for it.

steveFa

Auditioning
Thanks, I dont how you did it but you got my address up. I've been looking at front projector's, but I have alot of money in the pioneer and no where to put it....so I guess that for now I will stay with the pioneer. Steve

DelRay

Stunt Coordinator
Looking good Steve. That Pioneer really looks sweet. I also like the color choice. Did you do the remodeling yourself?

Jason D.

Agent
Steve,

I also have Def's (2000tl's in front, will be getting the CLR 2000 (I currently have the PCM100), and also have CM100's for sides and rear, and the PF1500tl sub). My question, is why are your speaker located where they are? Did you play with mulitple positions and decided they sound the best there or is it bacause of other reasons---i.e. I see a doorway close? Also, based on the pics, I assume you have the sub's in the 2002's facing outwards...did you try them the other way---i.e. inwards? I would imagine you would have to get them further away from the TV to make them sound good though. Also, how are they wired? Single, Bi or Tri. LFE? Just curious.

I am in the process of starting my HT in my basement...the room will be 11'2" W x 23'6" L x 7'0" H. I am looking at getting seperates, but would rather spend the bulk of my equipment budget on a good Pre/Pro and get a budget amp for now (something like the outlaw 7100). I plan on getting the sharpvision XV-U10000 projector with a Stewart 92" fixed mount screen. I also am going to be getting a Lutron Grafik Eye light controller (4 zone). I knew I was going to have my Def's so I have planned for power anywhere I will have speakers. Any other idea I may need to think about? Thanks and your room looks great!

-Jason

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Steve:

Great looking HT. I agree with Dave that you have the perfect room for a good front projector. No need to give up the Pioneer. Use it for regular TV viewing, etc. Just put a screen that drops down in front of the Pioneer and watch movies as they were meant to be seen W I D E.

I should be so lucky as to even have the room that you have. Great setup.

Parker

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Very nice pictures of the home theater setup.

I can only imagine how nice that Denon 5803 is. From the looks of your remote control "pile" - it's time to consolidate them into a good one. :)

shane^f

Auditioning
Steve
I have the same monitor and you would be hard pressed to find a much better picture than that unless you go with say a runco. I did an in home preview with a runco 510 and the Pioneer is a top notch rear projection CRT. DLT has a hard time catching up until you get to about the 7 grand range.
Great HT.
Shane

Drew B

Auditioning
Your not going to believe this Steve... Oh by the way, I'm new to this forum, I'm Drew nice to meet all of you, you have a wonderful community here.... as I was saying, your not going to believe this, but my wife and I are in the process of building our HT, and we are at the stage where we have dry wall up, and we are looking at painting, and getting carpet for the room.

My wife and I our debating on colors of the room. I want a charcoal room with black ceilings, and my wife wants a dark red room. After looking at your room Steve, I have decided a red Home Theater room will actually be very nice looking.

I'll be sure to post pictures of the entire project when we are done. The room is very similar in size and configuration that Steve's is. You'll be surprised to see the similarities between our rooms, however the monitor, audio, and furnature will differ greatly. We need to stay unique somehow!!! :)

Anyway, I'm rather new to the HT experience, and I'm sure to have tons of questions as I go through the building process. I'm glad to have found this community, and I'll be sure to help others if I can!

P.S. Steve, sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread here.. just thought this was the perfect thread to introduce myself. Good work on your HT!! I like alot.

-Drew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks