theater floor -concrete ? wood?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by darron Z, Nov 12, 2003.

1. darron Z

darron Z Stunt Coordinator

the main floor of my theater should it be concrete or should i build a floor over existing slab with 2x4s and 3/4 ply - either way it will have carpet and padding. im just wondering if i want that vibration that is emitted from my subs that i currently get in my living room wood floor, i am going to install tactile transducers in the seating area anyway,but would this be too much vibes ? . the stage - should i even fill that with sand then??

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    If you’re putting in carpet and tactile transducers, I see no reason at all to build a wood floor.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Torgny Nilsson

Torgny Nilsson Second Unit

I used to have a regular floor, and now have a concrete floor. While I love the look of the concrete floor, it does absorb much of the bass from my sub. I can still hear the sub, it no longer actually shakes the room. So, if you want your sub to shake you, you either have to build a wood floor or buy some butt kickers, which I don't care for.

4. seatmantwo

seatmantwo Auditioning

If you have a concrete floor, use chair set anchers. We install them by the thousands and have no problems.If any questions [email protected]

Best of luck,

Keith

5. silentworld

silentworld Auditioning

yes, I think so.