Theater doors

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by CurtJ, Jan 20, 2006.

1. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

I am wanted a dedicated room that opens up (2 doors or pocket doors) to the bar and basement sitting area for parties. Does anyone have experience desiging a room like this? I just don't want a small door that opens up. I want to be able to open the doors and make the room part of the bar area. Is this possible and if so have any of you seen rooms like this?

2. JoshGivens

JoshGivens Stunt Coordinator

How much do you care if sound is transfered out of the theater and into the bar area?

3. CurtJ

CurtJ Stunt Coordinator

Ideally, I would like to keep most of the sound in the HT room but I when we have people over for football parties I want to open the HT room up so people can come and go easily and sit at the bar and be apart of the HT room.

4. Scott_Bry

Scott_Bry Auditioning

I'v got the same issue. I was going to use (1) or (2) sets of double doors to "open" things up, but now I'm leaning towards a couple of archways that I can "close" with drapes if need be when watching movies. I do not invision needing to block off sound from the HT room from the other parts of the basement when watching movies.

Anyone else think this will be OK, or should there be actual doors for "better" sound.