Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

The Zookeeper's Wife Blu-ray Review

A beautifully told and spiritually uplifting Holocaust story, Niki Caro’s The Zookeeper’s Wife tells a little known true story of resistance fighting during the six years of World War II in Poland buoyed by wonderful performances and an engrossing human interest tale of survival.

[review]

Mike Frezon

Thanks, Matt.

This is my lone July 4th purchase. Pre-ordered a while ago from Amazon. Hoping that they'll arrange a holiday delivery to me (actually, I'm expecting so..so I'll be disappointed if they don't).

Really looking forward to this. It's a blind buy but what I've gleaned of the story sounds fascinating.

Matt Hough

Director
Reviewer
Real Name
Matt Hough
I really enjoyed it, and not being familiar with the true story, I was edgy throughout the presentation.

I hope more people discover this fine film.

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I really enjoyed it, and not being familiar with the true story, I was edgy throughout the presentation.

I hope more people discover this fine film.
Jessica Chastain is my favorite actress going today so I'll definitely buy it some time this year when it's discounted down further.

Reactions: B-ROLL

Mike Frezon

Wow.

What a powerful film.

It is a great reminder of the way film can smack us upside the head about our history and, more importantly, the importance of the decisions we make as individuals and how those decisions make a difference (action/inaction, positive/negative). It really puts front and center the need for us to do right even when surrounded by evil.

Robert: Chastain was really, really good in this.

Reactions: TravisR

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kitchenknives