What's new

THE YOUNG LAWYERS: 1970-71 CBS MOD Strikes Again (1 Viewer)

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Jason, thanks for posting your initial impressions of The Young Lawyers release...mine is on the way...of course, I'm not happy to hear that the source elements yield transfers somewhat less than desirable video quality...and as far as Boston locales were concerned, I was mostly going on what I saw with the pilot telefilm...of which they made extensive use of snow bound Boston to great effect as far as atmosphere...I guess that the usual LA and SoCal shooting and studio production followed for the series itself...not just for budget and standard operating procedure, but perhaps to have the great Lee J. Cobb sign on for run....
UPDATE: Watched episode 2 -- "A Simple Thing Called Justice", and it DID feature extensive location shooting, in addition to the sets and backlot. Some good scenes of Zalman King and Judy Pace driving around old Boston. Lee J. Cobb's scenes all interior sets, which works fine for the structure of the show. Maybe Ep 1 was just a blip?

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Holy moley on rye, I never thought this would see the light of day. My first co-starring role (when that actually meant something) in a TV show - shot it December of 1970 - I've Got a Problem was the name of the episode. I was mortified when I saw it - had never seen myself on film and learned what not to do very quickly :) Directed by John Newland, and Gary Lockwood was in it, too. But I couldn't have asked for a more welcoming group of people. Zalman was a bit weird, but Phil Clark and I became very good friends and he eventually appeared in a musical I wrote and directed - ordering right now!

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
I am on disc 1 of this series right now, and what is disappointing so far is that all the original Paramount Television logos were blocked out of the 1969 pilot, but on the first episode from 1970, the original Split Rectangle II logo remains intact!

~Ben

Purple Wig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alan
Picked this up at a local retailer last week, new, for $10. Great show overall, though after seeing the pilot I wish they'd kept Jason Evers and Tom Holland in the cast. Holland added balance and it seems that without his more straight character, Zalman King was slightly reined in.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
I am on disc 1 of this series right now, and what is disappointing so far is that all the original Paramount Television logos were blocked out of the 1969 pilot, but on the first episode from 1970, the original Split Rectangle II logo remains intact!

~Ben

If the original Split Box Paramount logo was retained on the series, then what was on the pilot-- CBSTD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks