1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

The Yamaha RX-V2400 and "presence/zone 2"

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike~Sileck, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Mike~Sileck

Mike~Sileck Supporting Actor

I'm looking into buying one of these and wanted to clarify somethings. I noticed it has outputs on the back for "presence/zone 2" speakers. From what I understand, this is for another room (zone) ? I also noticed it has a separate input select. So ... theoretically, if I ran speaker wire to another room, a friend could listen to 2-channel cd audio, while I'm watching a movie in the main room?

Also, say I had these both set to the same input, I assume the presence/zone 2's would basically just be the 2 channel audio I would get if I wasnt using 5.1, and i was using 2 channel?

Sorry if this is confusing, I'm just trying to figure this all out.

(btw my master plan is to run a set of speakers to the bathroom for "zone 2", that way you can take a quick trip and still follow whats going on on tv or the movie, and during parties i could play ambience music in there theoretically...)

Mike

2. Thomas_A

Thomas_A Second Unit

the 2400 actually has 2 xtra zones....if you only use 5.1 surround. On zone 3 you can add an xtra amp for that zone. Also..you could run each zone seperatly!. all controlled form the front pannel...wich is a + over the 1400 IMO.

I 'm using zone 2 for my patio speakers. Can watch tv in the LV room and play cd outside on the back patio! Aint America grand [​IMG]