What's new

The Xbox Series X, Holiday 2020 (1 Viewer)

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
As someone with a nice OLED and a big Xbox library, the Series X is looking better all the time. Smart of Microsoft to send it out to so many people ahead of launch. The load times and enhancements are looking great. I convinced myself that I could live with my XB1X for a while longer, but my laziness about installing stock apps and signing up for notifications is probably the only thing that's stopped me from preordering.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Too bad many great Xbox 360 games aren't backwards compatible, which is the only flaw.

But with how good Series X/S backwards compatibility appears set to be right out of the gate, I'm optimistic they'll be able to revisit adding further original Xbox and Xbox 360 games someday relatively soon (Program was idled to focus on getting Xbox One software up to speed on the Series X/S).

I'm sure I'm missing many 360 games I'd love to see be made compatible, but off the top of my head here's some of my personal most wanted 360 additions that I'd love to eventually be able to play on the Series X.

-Afterburner Climax (XBLA)
-Dirt
-Forza Horizon 2 (Not a simple downgraded port of the XB1 game)
-Namco Museum Virtual Arcade
-Outrun Online Arcade (XBLA)
-Project Gotham Racing 3
-Project Gotham Racing 4
-Robotron 2084 (XBLA)
-Root Beer Tapper (XBLA)
-Sega Rally Online Arcade (XBLA)
-Sega Rally Revo
-Smash TV (XBLA)
-Time Pilot (XBLA)
-Tron (XBLA)

Outside of racing games and classic arcade games though, the selections made by the backwards compatibility team largely took care of the big 360 games in my list. Most everything I can see wanting to actually revisit like The Orange Box have already been made backwards compatible.

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Final previews are up. On to launch!

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Call of Duty Black Ops is my PS5 launch title. Valhalla will be on X1sX for me. Not sold on Dirt, but looking forward to Forza Horizon upgrades.
When I heard Dirt 5 was more of an arcade style, than sim racer, I was sold on it.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Microsoft making GamePass into a true Netflix-for-gaming, where it's available on any device, would be their best business choice. Sony came close with PS Now being on Samsung TVs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks