The Xbox Series X, Holiday 2020

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I'm with Sam, there's no way Elder Scrolls 6 is exclusive to Xbox. In all likelihood, that would probably kill sales of the game instead of boost sales of Xboxes. Nobody in gaming is looking to buy a console right now and making their decision on that possible scenario, and nobody is going to pay $500 in 2-3 years for just that one game. This was about GamePass, about getting their back catalog on GamePass, and getting TES6 on GamePass the second it launches (while putting it on PS5 and Steam for full price). Microsoft cares more about making money than they do the strength of a brand.

I am overall not too hot on the Xbox brand but I'd be lying if I said GamePass, which doesn't even required anything more than a smartphone to utilize (xCloud), doesn't offer a hell of a deal right now.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Bryan - you said the speculation was that Bethesda games would still be on PlayStation, then said you expect all of their games to be Xbox exclusive going forward...

Reactions: Sam Posten

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Bryan - you said the speculation was that Bethesda games would still be on PlayStation, then said you expect all of their games to be Xbox exclusive going forward...
Yes I did...based on all the other internet know-it all types posting on forums (they didn't know either at the time they were posting, pure speculation). When the subsequent news was confirmed that these games would be multiplatform from Phil Spencer himself "on a case to case basis" then that was the end of it. All I needed to know!

Last edited:

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm nervous about the pre-orders. Going to try and get one, but I'm not confident. Coming up in just a bit.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Waited patiently at the Microsoft store, Site went down. Went to Target, had one in my cart, got to checkout and the screen blanked. I couldn't get back in. Best Buy was broken as well.

I tried, fuck it. Maybe next year.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
probably better off waiting I've had this happen then walked into a store on release date and able to pick one up

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Crazy question: what is the likelihood that the One S or X supports xCloud for long enough in the future that you could play Series X games through the internet (granted, internet service quality and all)? I know some people who would love to jump into GamePass for the future but don't want to blow $500 right now and have no interest in a One S.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Crazy question: what is the likelihood that the One S or X supports xCloud for long enough in the future that you could play Series X games through the internet (granted, internet service quality and all)? I know some people who would love to jump into GamePass for the future but don't want to blow $500 right now and have no interest in a One S.
I don't think this is a crazy question at all. I'd be surprised if Microsoft isn't already working on ways to make this happen.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
Waited patiently at the Microsoft store, Site went down. Went to Target, had one in my cart, got to checkout and the screen blanked. I couldn't get back in. Best Buy was broken as well.

I tried, fuck it. Maybe next year.
I tried it too, starting at 8am, but no dice for me.

Target, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, and Amazon all had some variation of "can't add to cart" / "can add to cart but can't check out" / "page won't refresh" / "try again" / error message" / "no longer available". As with ALL of these pre-orders, you'll have reports of people who had an easy experience, and other people who had a frustrating one. Anecdotal reports therefore don't reveal much except that the demand was really high.

I'm very satisfied with my Xbox One X, and already have a PS5 pre-ordered, so I'm not too disappointed. Microsoft seems determined to make sure you don't need one of their shiny new consoles to experience games on their platform. Which is awesome.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huzaifa