The Xbox Series X, Holiday 2020

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Where will be the best place to preorder the series X? I’ve gotten burned before preordering and getting them after everyone elsr

Reactions: Bryan^H

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
It's a payment/subscription plan. $25 a month for S, $35 for X. It's financed like a credit card and approval is based on your credit history.
Sorry if i'm being thick, but I still don't get it? What am I paying $25/$35 a month for? The console? All Access? Both? How long do I pay that amount? Forever? 2 years? What happens after 2 years if it stops? Do I lose all access? What if I don't want to do a payment plan and just get the console fully paid day 1? Does that include the all access? If not how much does that cost then? So confusing.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
And if it's financed like a credit card based on my credit history, does that mean i'm also paying interest on top of that amount?

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
And if it's financed like a credit card based on my credit history, does that mean i'm also paying interest on top of that amount?
For the monthly charge, you get both the console (S or X) and Game Pass Ultimate. No interest (0% APR) for 24 months. After 24 months, if you've made your payments, you own the console, and can choose to continue paying for Game Pass Ultimate.

All Access is only a payment option. You can still pay for the console up front, and pay for any subscription services per usual, too.

The real appeal, apart for people who are on a tight budget, is you save significantly on the cost of Game Pass Ultimate after doing the math. However, I prefer not to buy on credit if I don't have to, even at 0% APR, so I plan to purchase up-front instead.

Reactions: Jeff Cooper

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I did the math on the Xbox All Access plan (it wasn't hard) and it looks like both the Series S and X plans will save you money versus buying the consoles and 2 years of GamePass Ultimate, but you're also committing to the full 2 years of payments to cover all that whether you will want it in the future or not. If you don't want GamePass Ultimate anymore after the first year, well, you're still paying for it.

But it's still actually a great deal, which is surprising because MS had offered this back on the 360 and it was a huge ripoff.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
So doing the math, not figuring in any local tax:

S: $25 X 24 months = $600 - $300 console price = $300 / 24 = $12.50/month for Game Pass
X: $35 X 24 months = $840 - $500 consile price = $340 / 24 = $14.17/month for Game Pass

How much a month is Game Pass normally?

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Ok, so you essentially get 4 months free if you go with the S, and 1.3 months free if you go with the X. At the extra 'cost' of being 'locked' in for 2 years.

So I really guess it comes down to preference of will you be using it for the full 2 years. I'm guessing most people who invest in a console would be.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'll still be buying the Xbox Series X. Although the smaller one might be interesting for my travel xbox, I use the Xbox One S right now.
It would be nice to know when/where the pre-orders will be available. I'm keeping my eyes open, but still fear I'm going to miss out this November.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Let me get some of your Gamertags people. I'm going all in on the premium package/online (what's it called, "All Eggs in One Basket" plan?) for a year minimum.

I'm going to get my money worth, and do some online multiplayer by God.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling that neither MS nor Sony will run out of consoles for this holiday season. That said, the economy might push more people to scalp consoles than usual...

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling that neither MS nor Sony will run out of consoles for this holiday season. That said, the economy might push more people to scalp consoles than usual...
That is a given. Scalpers will be eating good this Holiday season. They are going to snatch those pre-orders as quick as they are available.
Which is a freaking shame.
They are already profiting on the "sold out" Switch Mario 3D All Stars. Their selling pre-orders on E-Bay for nearly double the cost. People are panic buying!

And When I see multiple PS5 units sell for $2K on E-Bay I won't be surprised.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

only console with Dolby Vision, and Atmos.

Not a fanboy for systems, but that has to sting the PS5, or nothing crowd.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm not likely to be buying anytime soon, but if you feel like playing some backwards compatible titles online or just want some friends list competition in the leaderboards of some classic arcade games, I'm LeoAmes17.

It was a poor choice of a username in hindsight. Bugs me now to have my real name in it and nobody realizes the significance of the 17 except for a single friend on my list (I was a big fan of NASCAR driver Darrell Waltrip and that was his car number for the last 12 years or so of his career). But I wasn't thinking back when I signed up in 2004.

They let you change your username for free I discovered a few weeks ago, but it seems like everything I entered in was going to have a random combination of numbers added to the end of it. So I guess I'll stick with LeoAmes17, which scarily is an account that's almost 17 years old now. Time sure has flown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryan^H

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav