What's new

The Xbox Series X, Holiday 2020 (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I’m currently seeing a “There’s a problem getting this content right now”.

Hard reset twice and it’s still there.
Network panel shows all good.
I’m on wired ethernet
Logged out and in to XBL multiple times.

Any ideas?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The report says that the discless console would be a modified Xbox One S, not X. Microsoft is trying to pretend the launch model Xbox One doesn't exist anymore and that the S is now the base model. The discless console is probably for late adopters who want to either get the Xbox Game Pass or download older/cheaper games.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
The report says that the discless console would be a modified Xbox One S, not X. Microsoft is trying to pretend the launch model Xbox One doesn't exist anymore and that the S is now the base model. The discless console is probably for late adopters who want to either get the Xbox Game Pass or download older/cheaper games.

I'm on board with that strategy. I don't think the playstation lead is a big deal, but others do. This is a way to expand the user base, great. How low could it go? The S sells for $200 now right? Could this be $150, is $99 unreasonable?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I don't remember the details but I think the report said the discless One S could be sold for $150 or $200 with a year of Live/Game Pass. Something like that.

Honestly, the PS4 lead is a MASSIVE deal, but Microsoft is still making money on the Xbox brand and 2nd place is the prime position to do some experimentation. They've considered a discless console before but finally doing so with the One S combined with a Netflix-like service that automatically includes all of their big name releases on day one...that's a good strategy, and I could see it being a foot-in-the-door for the next generation to offer a similar option. The rumors were that MS is developing a "family" of devices for their next Xbox that would include a traditional console, a discless barebones console, and a streaming service.

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Hey guys, got a question. I'm buying the XBox One X for my son and was wondering if all xbox 360 games will play on it. Thanks!

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
COD World at War

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor
Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Sam, I'm a noob when it comes to gaming, we have a Wii with some games but that's it. My son expressed interest in gaming and I was going to get him an Xbox because of the backwards compatibility. I picked the Xbox One X because a) it's on sale now and b) it's the latest and greatest. I'm trying to decide if I should get the Xbox One X or would the Xbox One be enough. Advice?

Last edited:

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Thanks for your help Sam, bought the X from GameStop. $400 (same as everywhere else) but included a $50 gift card plus I got $10 off a second controller.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I'm late to the party, but I now qualify to post in this thread. :)

Target had a good deal for a white 1 TB Xbox One S with a new Star Wars game and a $40 Target gift card for $200. And I plan to sell the game since it doesn't look interesting, so with those two discounts, it ends up somewhere below $150.

I just hope they e-mail the gift card code. I bought it almost 10 hours ago online and the e-mail says the code "usually arrives within 4 hours", but still no code. Hopefully just busy servers (Or maybe they don't want anyone using it until after Black Friday).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks