What's new

The WWE™ (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Casey Trowbridg said:
Oscar, you're not mistaken, it was Bruno.
Cheers.
Never say him wrestle though I did enjoy his commentaries along with Jesse the Body back in the days
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the summary Casey. I don't have a problem with Cena either and if he's doing all of that for the company, then more power to him. I wonder how long he'll be able to keep the title though now that Triple H is back. :D

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
Casey, I agree. I like Cena now more than I did a few years ago. He's really grown on me, and right now he is the only "total package" in the WWE besides HHH and one of only two men deserving of the titles they hold (Cena & C.M. Punk, though I do like seeing Jeff Hardy with the I.C. title). Orton is not ready, and IMHO won't be for another few years, if ever. Putting the WWE or World Heavyweight title around his waist will be a huge mistake. All of the reports regarding his poor attitude and behavioral problems indicate that he is too immature and pompous to be handed the top spot in the company.
Like it or not, Cena is the best man for the job right now and for the foreseeable future. I'm also kind of digging the fact that he is the first guy in years to hold the title for what is now an eternity in modern "sports entertainment" time. I'd like to see him keep it at least until WrestleMania. Maybe by then, he will have a worthy opponent, or at the very least give it to HHH for one last title run.
I believe the reason why people are booing Cena and have been for months now is because this is the "ADD" generation. Today's fans are so used to quick, meaningless title runs designed for the "short attention span" crowd, that they lack the ability to respect a long-term champion.
The problem isn't with the man. Anyone who has held the championship as long as Cena would be experiencing the same backlash from the fans. I say Vince should continue to disappoint the fans and keep the belt around Cena's waist. It's what's best for the company.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Not only that but people are willing to pay to see John Cena lose the belt. Why not keep them paying for awhile longer? I say run that horse until it dies.
Speaking of Triple H or as Andres so often has referred to him in the past Triple Ego, well Ego made his return in spectacular fashion on Monday.
He beat the tag champs in a handicap match...clean.
Carlito interfered after the match...it meant nothing.
London and Kendrick came out to help clear the ring...and he beat them down as well.
I've always said that the best time to kill the tag division is when like half the roster is either injured or suspended.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I wrote a column today, dealing with some things on my mind in wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts. It is titled Things on my mind
and some of the wrestling topics come out of discussions in this thread. I look at the Unforgiven booking, Triple H killing tag teams, John Cena as WWE champion, whether 2 hours will mean anything for TNA, what the real gimmick match in in TNA and just how sad the ECW roster is.
If you read it, my sincere thanks for doing so and any feedback is appreciated.

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Casey Trowbridg said:
Largest steroid bust in United States history takes place over the past weekend
It is not unrealistic to believe that more WWE wrestlers could potentially be hammered by this one. In my write-up on the original article from Yahoo I took a couple of quotes from Dave Meltzer's assessment on it which leads me to believe more trouble is coming.
Meltzers is an anti Vince Hack...he is wrong more often than not. That being said, I think the other Sports need to be a lot more worried than WWE does...WWE is taking measures to get this under control...The other sports ie NFL< MLB have a lot more to lose right now IMO

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
If his injury is serious and he has to be out for a while, do you guys think Triple H gets the title or will they give it to someone else?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
More on Cena, to be examined by Dr. James Andrews today
Andres, I see the belt going to Orton, then HHH then Kennedy though that's not how I'd do it. I'd go Kennedy to HHH at Mania. Although, if WWE were smart, they'd put the belt on Orton, branch Kennedy and Triple H off in their own direction, maybe by having HHH feud with Orton but Kennedy cost him the belt, then have an HHH match against Kennedy at Mania and if Cena's back by Mania have him try to take back the belt from the guy who in storyline terms fluked his way to it due to injury.
There are ways they can go but having Cena not on TV for a prolonged period of time is not good for WWE because nobody even comes close to bringing the Cena dynamic which at the least makes for hot crowds.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Wow, that is bad news for the WWE. But who knows? Maybe this will be an opportunity for the "up and coming" guys to bring in some money to the company.
I feel bad for Cena but he did have a good run. Now I'm gonna have to watch that PPV to find out how they're going to handle the switch.
That's this Sunday right?

RyanAn

Screenwriter
I'll be the first to admit that I wanted a new champ on Raw, but not this way. I'm really hoping that Cena can overcome this - he's good at what he does.

I'd love to see a fatal fourway or something like that.

What was the original bill going to be? Was Kennedy in a match before this?

Kennedy vs RKO vs winner of HHH/Umaga vs Carlito,

There are rumors that Mark Henry might come to Raw sometime as well...

RyanAn

Screenwriter
The big rumor is that Y2J is coming back quickly - I'd love for him to come back tonight and get the title, but I think they would be making a mistake in not building his return for another payperview.
Although - it'd be great! ;)
Beth Phoenix wins the women's title!
Rey Mysterio defeats Finlay - as much as I think he could be a top heel champ.
CM Punk wins by DQ when Johnny Nitro attacks him.
HHH soundly defeats Umaga.
Batista retains the gold but finds Buddhism in the Punjabi jungle.
Randy Orton wins the title... Although Val Venis won the poll. ;)
Fatal Fourway between RKO - HHH - Val - Kennedy!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Hart Family Reality Series in Development
BTW, I rarely ever brag about anything in my life, but I will in this instance.
If you see this press release on any other wrestling website, it is because I sent it to them or they stole it from a site I sent it to. Julie Hart sent this to myself and an associate of mine and I saw that it got to the rest of the wrestling press.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks