What's new

"The Wrong Guy" coming to DVD! (1 Viewer)

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
I just noticed that Amazon is listing the Dave Foley comedy "The Wrong Guy" for release in September:

Release Information:
Studio: Buena Vista Home Vid
Theatrical Release Date: 1997
DVD Release Date: September 24, 2002
Run Time: 93 minutes

Edition Details:
• Region 1 encoding (US and Canada only)
• Color, Closed-captioned
• ASIN: B00006ADFR

My girlfrind and I loved this when we saw it on TV earlier this year. Does anyone know any more details of the release?

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
To answer my own question, "The Wrong Guy" has now been released by Lion’s Gate in Canada.

However, I’m guessing that it is pretty much the same edition that will be released by Buena Vista in the USA come September (the movie was made in Canada, but the commentary participants refer to the USA as “here”, as if they are working on the US release).

The bad news is that the picture is full-frame, although it’s readily apparent that this is an open-matte transfer and not pan-and-scanned. Cropping the picture to 1.77:1 on a widescreen TV improves the composition of the shots, without loss of heads, important picture info or titles. Unfortunately, magnifying the picture in this way does the image quality no favours.

Extras include the aforementioned commentary, which is a very relaxed “fun” affair. Writer/Star/Executive Producer and former Kid in the Hall Dave Foley is joined by the Director and the Producer, and they seem to genuinely enjoy watching the movie together.

The only other extra is a trailer which is best watched after the movie, but special mention must go to the stylish menus which are based on the excellent title sequence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks