What's new

The worst casting decision IN HISTORY! (1 Viewer)

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
William H. Macy as....
Paul Kirby in JP III.
He is really an excellent actor, loved him in Pleasantville and Magnolia, but in JP III, noooo.
What a waste of talent!
But I thought Michael Keaton was the best of the Batmen
wink.gif

------------------
/Mikael
No! Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
UM, any movie that casts either Tom Criuse or Brendan Frasier.
:)
Brent L
------------------
OK guys ..... The tour of the Paradigm
plant is now being planned. GO TO THE HOME THEaTER
MEETS PAGE and register.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Does Jar Jar Binks count? What a waste of computer technology....
Or Robin Williams in any movie where he's a leading man.....NO!
Actually, I gotta agree with Neil, Kevin Costner as Robin Hood?!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
mike_sig.jpg

Coressel

Supporting Actor
Margo Kidder as Lois Lane.
I wept when I saw Leslie Ann Warren's screen test. SHE should have played the part. Then I'd be able to sit through the movie!

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
How about Denise Richards as Dr. Christmas Jones, the Nuclear Physisist in "The World is not Enough"
Ridiculous....but awful easy on the eyes ;-)

ChristopherS

Second Unit
I agree with Maynard, the worst casting has to be Jake Lloyd in TPM. While watching the screen tests on the DVD I was actually cheering for one of the other two candidates!
laugh.gif

Chris

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Ron Livingstone and just about any comedy. That Office Space and Two Ninas have something to recommend them despite his amazing anti-charisma is nothing short of astounding. :)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Ron Livingstone and just about any comedy
What?! I thought his air of weary, comic exasperation was perfect for that part. And his delivery of "Fuckin...A" was worth the price of admission, IMO.
Having just re-watched TPM on DVD, I can't honestly say that Jake Lloyd stands out as exceptionally terrible. Everyone was wooden (with the unfortunate exception of Jar Jar, who was more rubbery), and I can't blame them, given the script and Mr. Lucas' obvious prioritization of the visual over the dramatic.
Worst casting ever? Keanu in Bram Stoker's Dracula comes to mind.
--Jefferson Morris

mark_d

Second Unit
Never mind Dracula, I'd say Keannu was worse in Much Ado About Nothing.
Anyway, much as I'm a Mike Myers fan, having him as Shrek was a very poor choice imo. A thin fake Scottish accent coming out of that? It should have been a nice boomy voice. I guess John Goodman would have been perfect, but he's in Monsters Inc.
And I like Jake Lloyd
tongue.gif
He had a couple of clunky lines in TPM, but his performance was fine. Better than the others shown on the DVD - they were better at reading lines off a page, but acting is about more than reading ability.
Mark

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Neil Joseph wrote:
Worst casting decision?
Kevin Costner - Robin Hood, Prince Of Thieves.
Neil, you stole my thunder. Why the heck do you cast an american actor who can't even fake a british accent? I agree wholeheartedly. I just had to cringe every time he said M'lady to Marian.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
I take issue on the Lois Lane thing. Lesley Ann Warren really didn't grab me but Stockard Channing would, IMO, have been fantastic. Margot Kidder wasn't bad casting though.
Keaton was easily the best Batman. Not to say that someone couldn't have done a better job but can't think of anyone at the moment.
Theo
------------------
My band is @ http://www.mokita.net
My Novelty Coasters

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I disagree about Ron Livingstone. In fact, I wish he was more prominent in band of Brothers.
Denise Richards in The World is Not Enough was the worst casting decision. She is the worst actress with best rack I've ever seen. She makes Jennifer Tilly seem like Katherin Hepburn.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
To me, it was Jennifer Lopez in "The Wedding Planner." Wife dragged me to it in the theater, (aside: I hated it) and I could not believe they tried to pass her off as an Italian person...it just didn't work for me!
------------------
Scott

Mark Lee

Second Unit
OK -- certainly not the worst by any means (since she's hot
yum.gif
), but still a bad choice: Halle Berry as Storm in X-Men. Oh, to have had Angela Bassett in that role instead!!!
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks