What's new

The worldwide censorship of the Glenn Miller Story (1954) – five missing scenes (1 Viewer)

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
whats the correct aspect ratio of the film ? Isnt it full screen ? I just hope the new transfer will be an improvement :)

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
David Steigman said:
whats the correct aspect ratio of the film ? Isnt it full screen ? I just hope the new transfer will be an improvement :)
Bob Furmanek's widescreen research shows that the film was shot and intended for 2.1:1 presentation.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Any update here on the Koch release ... have they been able to fit an English soundtrack to the full uncut version?
If not, I hope someone in the States picks it up for release and gives us the non-butchered version.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Michael (Koch) said:
Hi everyone. We at Koch Media will release "Glenn Miller Story" on Blu-ray soon. We will have the now official shorter version as the main feature but also the longer cut in the special features. Right now I only have German audio for the longer version. If someone here has the English long version, it would be great if you could provide the track to us.

Thank you!
On April 18, 1953, Boxoffice reported that Universal was analyzing the 3-D and widescreen trends and any new productions were put on hold. Studio personnel were asked to take their vacations in May. Filming resumed on June 3 with BORDER RIVER and THE GLENN MILLER STORY. The studio had now adopted 2.00:1 as their house ratio and all future productions were composed for widescreen. This policy was applied to shorts, cartoons and newsreels as well.

More information can be found here:

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/the-first-year-of-widescreen

http://www.3dfilmarchive.com/home/widescreen-documentation

From Film Bulletin, May 18, 1953:

filmbulletin195321film_0307.gif

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
"What's tragic is that IMDB makes NO mention of the missing scenes."You can provide that information to them easily. Just add sources and they'll most likely add it (alternate versions).Based on the forums, the aspect ratio on the BD is 4:3. Not sure which version etc.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I watched The Glenn Miller Story on television here in the UK a month or so back and it was shown widescreen and uncut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks