What's new

The World's Greatest Wrestling Managers DVD info (1 Viewer)

David Bixenspan

Stunt Coordinator
From the SilverVision website, looks like a single disc release...

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1150

At last, homage is paid to the brains and beauties behind the brawn - the most famous and infamous managers in wrestling history. The men and women you’ll see here are the architects of a Superstar’s success, and sometimes the designers of their downfall. These master manipulators will go down in history as the World’s Greatest Wrestling Managers:

Captain Lou Albano
Paul Bearer
“Classy” Freddie Blassie
Jim Cornette
Miss Elizabeth
“The Mouth of the South” Jimmy Hart
Bobby “The Brain” Heenan
Paul Heyman
Sensational Sherri
“Golden Boy” Arnie Skaaland
Sunny
The Grand Wizard
And many more!

This release takes a look at the art of managing, the evolution of female managers, and highlights some of the most well-known, colorful managers professional wrestling has ever seen, along with their biggest moments and matches.

Special Features
Capt. Lou Albano vs. Arnold Skaaland – MSG (19/12/77)
Bobby Heenan vs. Greg Gagne – Weasel Suit Match, AWA (17/08/80)
Jim Cornette vs. Paul E. Dangerously – Tuxedo Match. The Great American Bash 1989

Interviews, Vignettes, Music Videos
Vince McMahon interviews Freddie Blassie & Nikolai Volkoff
Tony Schiavone interviews Jim Cornette, NWA World Championship Wrestling (29/06/85)
“Fuji Vice”, Tuesday Night Titans (07/05/86)
Vince McMahon interviews The Grand Wizard & Bob Duncum, All-Star Wrestling (02/04/75)
Mean Gene Okerlund visits the Hart Foundation
Bobby Heenan wins the 1976 Manager of the Year Award, AWA All-Star Wrestling (25/12/76)
Capt. Lou Albano wins the 1985 Manager of the Year Award, Tuesday Night Titans (27/09/85)
Larry Nelson interviews Paul E. Dangerously, AWA Championship Wrestling (30/09/87)
“Together” Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth’s Wedding Video, SummerSlam (26/08/91)
Sensational Sherri visits the Funeral Parlor, Superstars of Wrestling (01/02/92)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
They could do separate dvd releases of Jimmy Hart & Bobby Heenan anytime and they would sell as well

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
I'd say it's a pretty good list of managers.

I've been following wrestling since the 80's and I don't even know who Bobby Davis and Wild Red Berry are. Care to enlighten?

Thanks.

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
They were big in the sixties, and they were the 2 main WWWF managers. Davis managed Gorilla Monsoon, Dr. Jerry Graham, The Beast and others. Berry took over Monsoon when Davis left. I believe he also handled Professor Toru Tanaka among others.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Oscar,
Your so right about Bobby Heenan, and Jimmy Hart. They are by far the best wrestling managers ever, and so very funny. That being said, I wish the greatest wrestling managers release would be 2 discs instead of 1. With so many managers represented, I think they could do a little more than 1 disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks