What's new

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
As Oscar Hammerstein once wrote, “Impossible things are happening every day,” and that’s exactly what you’ll be thinking when you take a gander at the astonishing new Warner Archive release of George Pal and Henry Levin’s The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm.

The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm (1962)

Released: 16 Jul 1963
Rated: G
Runtime: 135 min

Director: Henry Levin, George Pal
Genre: Animation, Adventure, Biography

Cast: Laurence Harvey, Claire Bloom, Karlheinz Böhm
Writer(s): David P. Harmon, Charles Beaumont, William Roberts

Plot: The story of Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm, and three of their stories...

IMDB rating: 6.3
MetaScore: N/A

Disc Information

Studio: MGM
Distributed By: Warner Archive...

Continue reading...

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
...precise dialogue and song lyrics rooted to the center channel...
Is that correct? When I produced the soundtrack album, I had access to the multi-track film mix and I remember working very hard to position the vocals in "Dee-Are-A-Gee-O-En (Dragon)" to the center for the album. The film mix panned the vocals to match the on-screen action, but I was able to merge just the vocals with the scoring masters for the album mix.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Is that correct? When I produced the soundtrack album, I had access to the multi-track film mix and I remember working very hard to position the vocals in "Dee-Are-A-Gee-O-En (Dragon)" to the center for the album. The film mix panned the vocals to match the on-screen action, but I was able to merge just the vocals with the scoring masters for the album mix.
I didn't notice a pan there, but I'll check it out again tomorrow. There was so much to absorb throughout the movie that I'm sure I missed a ton of interesting and worthwhile things.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I watched the Smilebox version last night and it shattered my expectations. From an a/v presentation standpoint, I was anticipating something akin to Warner's brilliant How The West Was Won restoration. In my opinion, this release takes everything that was exceptional about that one and turns it up to eleven. This is a "must add" for every film library.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
That horrible looking print shown on TCM kept me from watching it for the first time until a few hours ago when I watched the first hour of the Blu-ray and had a great time and a great job done on the restoration. Can’t wait to see the rest of it tomorrow nigh.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Actually, Oscar Hammerstein 2nd wrote "A hundred million miracles are happening every day." Flower Drum Song. The restoration IS quite remarkable. So good to have all the major Cinerama released now available on video.
He also wrote, "Impossible things are happening every day" in Cinderella which is what I quoted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks