What's new

The Wonder Years: The Complete Series Deluxe Edition-DVD Review (1 Viewer)

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Hello all,

I know The Wonder Years DVD set was released a few years ago. But, Time Life has re-released it to commemorate the show's 30th anniversary. Here's my review of the set:
https://hubpages.com/entertainment/The-Wonder-Years-The-Complete-Series-Deluxe-Edition-DVD-Review

Thanks,
Marshall

P.S. With all the reboots of TV shows lately (Roseanne, Murphy Brown, Will & Grace, Fuller House, etc.), any opinions on if a new Wonder Years show would work? It's not happening, but just thought I'd get your feelings on this.

Last edited:

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
I'm a big fan of the show, but a reboot just wouldn't work. The main reason, on top the reasons for most shows, is that the structure of the show was Kevin's childhood told through his adult self.

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
I'm a big fan of the show, but a reboot just wouldn't work. The main reason, on top the reasons for most shows, is that the structure of the show was Kevin's childhood told through his adult self.
Albert,
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you, but thought I'd put the topic out there.

Marshall

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin

Albert,
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you, but thought I'd put the topic out there.

Marshall

Thanks for your linked review, Marshall. I enjoyed reading it.

I agree with Albert that a reboot would be a bad idea.

In some cases reboots satisfy a curiosity: “I wonder what they (the cast) are like now after all these years”. Thanks to the several cast/creator interviews in the extras on these sets, that has already been answered to a large extent:

They’ve moved on to lead rich, fulfilling lives; and in the case of the extraordinary young cast, the care and planning that went into ensuring they had as normal a childhood as possible in the circumstances has led to them growing into wonderful, balanced adults. That’s so heartwarming to see.

Marsh

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Marshall Fish
Thanks for your linked review, Marshall. I enjoyed reading it.

I agree with Albert that a reboot would be a bad idea.

In some cases reboots satisfy a curiosity: “I wonder what they (the cast) are like now after all these years”. Thanks to the several cast/creator interviews in the extras on these sets, that has already been answered to a large extent:

They’ve moved on to lead rich, fulfilling lives; and in the case of the extraordinary young cast, the care and planning that went into ensuring they had as normal a childhood as possible in the circumstances has led to them growing into wonderful, balanced adults. That’s so heartwarming to see.
Ramin,
Thanks for your kind words, and I'm glad you enjoyed the review. I appreciate it.

Interesting to hear your thoughts about a reboot, too.

Marshall

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting I found this thread. I am probably going to pick up the current complete series DVD set. If I read it right, most of the songs are in each episode. Hope that’s true in the newer box set.

The discussion of a reboot had me curious what people think of the new reboot premiering this fall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks