What's new

THE WONDER YEARS (Consolidated Thread; No New Ones, Please!) (1 Viewer)

Martin_C

Stunt Coordinator
Assuming that "MEINE WUNDERBAREN JAHRE" is the German name for the show, it has only had 203 votes - that's 0.12% of the votes cast so far.
Yes that's the title of the show. The shows in the poll are: Remington Steele, The Wonder Years, Chicago Hope, Dynasty, Lou Grant, The Pretender, The Fall Guy.

The low vote count could partly be due to the fact, that they used the wrong title for the show. It actually was called "Wunderbare Jahre" for most of it's run. That might confuse people. I already alerted them to that fact.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Yeah, kinda sad that Fox Germany doesn't even seem to know the titles of their own property. Then again, nothing surprise me as far as Fox Germany is concerned. They even managed to misspell the German title of Star Wars Episode 2 on the spine (just one of many screw-ups.) :)

Chris

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Martin - Thaniks for that. I was wondering what Denver Clan and Ein Colt Fuer Alle Faelle were, and you just explained it.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I'll believe it when I see it. Kind of a misleading subject line, by the way (since you don't have a question mark there or anything). Of course, two things caused me not to get my hopes up:

1.) The first season is so short, they would probably release the first TWO seasons at the same time. (Unless they were using a short and inexpensive release to guage sales)
2.) The person posting it.

Out!

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
Well, I have my speculations also. But.... I'm going to go talk about it on that message board.

Oh, and this is an invitation for everyone here who likes old and new tv shows to go to Sitcoms Online Message Board.

Dave, Gord, can you guys confirm if this is a joke or not?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I know Dave and Gord sometimes hold news items back for slow days, but I doubt something as anticipated as The Wonder Years would be held back.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Noone's talked to me about Wonder Years...period. That's the kind of news I would not hold back for several days; I'd be all over it in about 5 seconds!!

And the reason any news is "held back" is simply because I have a full-time job that has nothing to do with DVDs, plus I have a family and a house to take care of. Plus every once in a while I like to watch DVDs instead of talk about them! :D So I post maybe 4-5 news items each day and save others for future days. If that helps fill in on a slow news day, then that's great so our readers aren't disappointed with a zero news day. I don't know about you, but I've always been bummed when I visit a site (DVD news or any other hobby) and see that they haven't updated for an entire day...or more!

Supporting Actor
David, I've caught a few times when days would go buy when there wasn't a news item.

You're so funny David.

So what does this mean? Does this mean the guy was lying through his teeth? Or does this mean that the production company handling the Wonder Years is slow to announce it to TVShowsonDVD?

John McM

Second Unit
if it's Pavan... trust his words. He is very inside, he announced 227 before Sony did, he also said Jeffersons s3 and AITF s4 were coming a week or two before Sony let it out, plus he also works with Anchor Bay on the Three's Company DVD's.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Here's the direct link to that stuff:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=128861

PURE's post and follow-up (the latter mentions TSoD and Bits) are his/hers only two posts at the site. Pavan certainly is quick to let me know when he has info, and he hasn't talked about Wonder Years to me recently.

It could be that they guy is legit, and that they are simply assuming either us at TSoD or the guys at Bits will spot an announcement at a password-protected press site once it goes up.

Two responses directly to Chris:L...

1) I never said the guy was lying. I said I didn't know anything about it. Gord might know a ton of stuff about it and not have mentioned it to me. I doubt it, but anything's possible. Or, Gord may know nothing and this "PURE" person could still be on the up-and-up (see theory above).

2) October 11, 2003 was the last date in which TVShowsOnDVD failed to post a news story. Every day since then there has been at least one news story per day, consecutively. That means when I'm sick, when I have to work 12 hours at my paying job, whatever. Gord spots me if I can't do it, like when my father died a few weeks ago and I had to fly across the country to his funeral. Or else I do it anyway, like yesterday and today despite the flu and the death of my wife's father. Need proof? Click here and you'll be at the news listings for 10/2003. Use the RIGHT navigation arrow at either the top or bottom to scroll forward in time since then. If you find a day in which I've missed a news item after 10/11/2003, then I certainly owe you an apology.

Supporting Actor
David, you're cool with me. I wasn't trying to gang up on you. Sorry. I'm sorry to hear that your father died. My deepest condolences to your family.

I don't know if it's me or all of us but it's hard to imagine you guys have jobs. Sorry, if I'm making an incorrect assumption or that I'm naive at thinking that.

I'm dumb! :frowning:

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Dave, I'm sorry to hear of your Father's passing and the passing of your Father in Law. I can't imagine the pain your family is going through in such a short time. Prayers are with you and your family.

Steve

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yep, by day I'm a system analyst and data miner at a computer repair facility. I'll let Gord discuss his situation only if he wants to; it's not up to me to talk about someone else's private life. But yes, for the entire 3+ years that TSoD has been around, up through today, Gord and I both have held full-time 40+ hour a week jobs and just do TSoD in our "spare time".

Why do we have full time jobs? Because what little money is earned for TSoD goes to pay the hosting fee and odd other site-related expenses. I don't get paid for TSoD, and if Gord uses any money generated from TSoD for his personal expenses, then it's with my blessing because I know how little it would be. We don't do it for the money, we do it as a labor of love.

I'd love it for TSoD to be my full-time job, and Gord would love it too. On the other hand, we hate pop-up ads, java ads, ads that take up your screen when you click on a link and require you to watch them before continuing, and any similar ads. We hate it when we sign up at a site and our info gets sold as a mailing list to some mass-marketer, and we get e-mail spam. So we don't make a buck by inflicting those things on our readers.. I guess we're dummies in a way, because we know sites with less traffic than ours do those things and make a living off of the money generated. But we just haven't done that, and I don't think we ever will.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Steve...O (and Chris:L) - thanks for the thoughts, I appreciate it. There's no need to turn this thread into a sympathy-for-the-Lamberts situation (or even to continue the off-topic discussion of TVShowsOnDVD's inner workings). I do appreciate the chance to vent/share, and my wife appreciates the consideration as well. But let's just talk about The Wonder Years along the way, okay? It's hard enough thinking about our losses in any case. Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks