What's new

THE WONDER YEARS (Consolidated Thread; No New Ones, Please!) (1 Viewer)

ManuelIP

Grip
I'm sure a DVD with the complete first season would sell well - and it would be a nice opportunity to test the market. As webmaster of one of the bigger TWY websites I regularly get e-mails asking about DVDs.

so if one of you guys could ask AB in the chat about a release that would just be great (unfortunately I can't join)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Last June I met Fred Savage at the NY Licensing show. He was there promoting a cartoon character he did the voice for. He was very friendly and told him of people asking for the Wonder Years to come out on dvd. He said he hasn't heard anything about it. But, would like to be involved.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
I remember watching this show as a kid. Still one of the best shows on Tv like many of you have said. We definently need this show on DVD, preferably in season by season sets. How long was the run for this show?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
"The Wonder Years" ran 6 seasons, but the first (as noted above) was only 6 episodes.

I just realized the series finale (one of the best final episodes EVER) ran 10 years ago this month. I can't believe it's been that long.

I really hope they figure out a way to get this out on DVD.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Best thign about this show was how timeless it was. I'm only 21, and first started watching the show on Nick at Night re-runs, but it still spoke to me watching it back then. Who can not empathize having a zit when you're about to meet a girl, or the should I or should I not call her up? I can't speak for the tyrant of an older brother (I AM the older brother in my family), but while it was set in the 60s the ideas were somplete universal.

I'd pay just about anything within reason for season sets of this show.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
Yeah, it was a great show. I was his (Kevin's) age in the late 60's in which the show is set, and I related so much to all the characters. It was chilling how realistic they were.

Would buy all season sets in a minute.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
One of the most toching, hilarious and beautiful television shows ever made, The Wonder Years is long overdue in it's entirety on home video.

I would pay big money to revisit it at my leisure.

Gordy

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
My wife and I loved this show—the more so as our son was Kevin’s age (when it was first on TV, not in the 60s :D

Anyone who likes this should also like American Dream, imo.

DeanWG

Stunt Coordinator
In anticipation of this never hitting DVD . . . About three months ago I started taping episodes off ABC Family on my computer here, and I was going to start burning sets myself. I think I started at about episode 40, and it was a Monday. Got all five episodes, formatted them, and everything was working great. That next week, ABC Family stopped airing them, and it hasn't been on TV since.

They're toying with me now . . .

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
ABC Family is resuming programming. I think I heard October ... back-to-back episodes each day, if I remember right.

Still, this show absolutely needs to be on DVD.

ManuelIP

Grip
it seems that 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment holds the rights for The Wonder Years!

Visit www2.foxhome.com/tvdvd/poll/ to vote for a release of TWY on DVD! :)

Kevin_M_M

Stunt Coordinator
i voted. heck, there must be some possibility of this coming out eventually or else why would they put it on the list?

and ally mcbeal is the series we all thought would be the show we would NEVER see due to music rights but its on the list too!

ManuelIP

Grip
in the meantime also 20th Century Fox Germany did a poll and TWY was among the shows

unfortunately I can't join the chat on January 12 with Peter Staddon - could somebody ask him about The Wonder Years?

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
I watched this show as a kid, from the time I was about 7 until I was 12. At the time I based my whole life around the show, using it a benchmark for my own.

I honestly beloived than when I was 11 I would automatically have a girlfriend. I mean, Kevin did!

But I digress, I really want this show on DVD, but only if it arives unscathed with the original music.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I taped all of these when they were originally on but the video tape is getting old and not very good quality.

I sure wish they would come out on DVD.

That voting link didnt work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks