The Wizard of Oz: THREE-DISC set now available in UK

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Gordon McMurphy, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

[​IMG]

The Wizard of Oz: THREE-DISC set now available in UK, Exclusively from HMV

Everyone thought that Warner was skimping, but I guess not. Why have they released this months after the 2-disc - after Christmas, no less?! I have been a bit worried at ordering the expensive R1 set, as it might get a customs charge. I saw it purely by accident today in an HMV store, where it was actually priced at £21.99 - not £24.99 on the website, so have a look the next time you're galavanting through the high street, my pretties!

2. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    It's been out ages Gordon, as a HMV exclusive since November - round Christmas, during one of their sales, they even dropped the price to £17.99 on the web. Owners report that it's a clone of the Canadian version of the set, i.e. missing the 'Oz' cartoon.

3. Miguel M Santos

Miguel M Santos Stunt Coordinator

Miguel M Santos
    I've seen copies of the 3-disc edition in one of the Oxford St shops with a sticker saying exactly that, that the cartoon is missing.

4. Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy Producer

Thanks, John; this news somehow escaped me at the time. I wish I had know and ordered at £18. I'll probably pick it up in a few weeks.

Is the 1933 cartoon any good?

5. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    No idea, but the thoughts of having an edition without it bothers the compulsive / obsessive in me [​IMG]

GWTW dropped to reasonable levels recently in various R1 sales, and I'm a patient guy, so I'll wait...