TJPC

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I make my own DVDs, usually from movies shown on TCM. Virtually every movie ever made has the original poster and lobby cards on line. I print these. If you don’t like the cover for a blu ray etc., it takes 5 minutes to print your own, and just slip it in under the plastic.

Reactions: Suzanne.S

Wayne_j

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Hopefully Amazon will get it to customers on release day since The email I just got from Warner Bros. featured Amazon in it's marketing telling people to pre-order it from Amazon now.

Dave Moritz

Lead Actor
Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I actually like both covers and I have no doubt the one with Dorothy in a field of flowers was meant to be very vivid and to leap off the cover. What is more important is the quality of the video transfer and the audio quality which could be mono or even stereo as long as it sounds good. If they create a modern mix I do not care but they should at least give us the original audio mix as well. I am really looking forward to adding this new release to my last blu-ray edition! I agree this is to important for WB to screw up and while it is not impossible for that to happen I honestly do not see that happening! I see another pristine transfer like WB did with 2001! I have no doubt that 4K supporters will be rewarded by a awesome transfer by WB on this super classic!

91MpgbHmD0L._SL1500_.jpg
1566277734402.jpeg

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I actually like both covers and I have no doubt the one with Dorothy in a field of flowers was meant to be very vivid and to leap off the cover. What is more important is the quality of the video transfer and the audio quality which could be mono or even stereo as long as it sounds good. If they create a modern mix I do not care but they should at least give us the original audio mix as well. I am really looking forward to adding this new release to my last blu-ray edition! I agree this is to important for WB to screw up and while it is not impossible for that to happen I honestly do not see that happening! I see another pristine transfer like WB did with 2001! I have no doubt that 4K supporters will be rewarded by a awesome transfer by WB on this super classic!

View attachment 62115 View attachment 62116
You'll be happy with this 4K disc. I was able to watch the entire movie in 4K/Dolby Vision on iTunes when it was briefly available before being pulled and it looked and sound great.

Reactions: PMF

Dave Moritz

Lead Actor
Premium
Real Name
Dave Moritz
You'll be happy with this 4K disc. I was able to watch the entire movie in 4K/Dolby Vision on iTunes when it was briefly available before being pulled and it looked and sound great.
Did they refund your money or give you a credit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My favorite.
That DVD set also has the best visual quality version of the 1925 silent feature, to date.

As for the upcoming 4K disc, this may go on my Christmas wish list, despite not being at all equipped for 4K, along with IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE (1946)! What fantastic news that release announcement is! It's been a long time coming! :)

CHEERS! :)

Reactions: PMF

darkrock17

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew McClure
A History of Oz's DVD's and Blu-rays

1997 MGM's only DVD release ever.

1999 WB's first DVD, the 1998 Special Edition

2005 Ultimate Edition and Special Edition

The 2009, 2010, and 2011 Editions

2014 75th Anniversary Editions

Robert Crawford

Real Name
Robert
I deleted the 03-25-97 DVD Release from my collection, but kept the following DVD and BD releases:

10-19-99 Best Buy Exclusive "Deluxe Edition" DVD Release
10-25-05 3-Disc DVD Release
09-29-09 70th Anniversary 3-Disc Emerald Edition Blu-ray Release
09-29-09 70th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu-ray Release
10-01-13 75th Anniversary 3-D Blu-ray Release

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bats8711