What's new

The Wizard of Oz 4K UHD 80th Anniversary (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Gosh, I can't believe some of you guys are up-in-arms about this. iTunes made a boo-boo by releasing it early and was forced to undo it. Since they don't charge a premium for 4K, then you haven't technically paid for 4K, but you'll get your 4K upgrade when the official release date arrives. But go ahead and get your refunds and then when its officially released in October you can rebuy it for $14.99 :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Since they don't charge a premium for 4K, then you haven't technically paid for 4K

I disagree with this. If it says 4K when you bought it, it's reasonable to expect that's what you're getting for your money.

Remember some who bought it already had the HD version, meaning when it was downgraded they were left with nothing more than they had before. I have no problem with anyone wanting a refund in this case.

Last edited:

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I disagree with this part of your post. If it says 4K when you bought it, it's reasonable for you to expect that's what you are getting for your money.

Remember some who bought it may have already had the HD version, meaning when it was downgraded they were left with nothing more than they had before. I have no problem with anyone wanting a refund in this case.

To quote a line from Pulp Fiction - "Exactamundo!"

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Gosh, I can't believe some of you guys are up-in-arms about this. iTunes made a boo-boo by releasing it early and was forced to undo it. Since they don't charge a premium for 4K, then you haven't technically paid for 4K, but you'll get your 4K upgrade when the official release date arrives. But go ahead and get your refunds and then when its officially released in October you can rebuy it for $14.99 :rolleyes:

Nope. If I don't end up buying it on disc I'll wait until the 4K streaming version hits $7.99 or less, which is the reason I bought it in the first place.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I disagree with this. If it says 4K when you bought it, it's reasonable for you to expect that's what you are getting for your money.

Remember some who bought it may have already had the HD version, meaning when it was downgraded they were left with nothing more than they had before. I have no problem with anyone wanting a refund in this case.
Oh I wasn’t suggesting people aren’t entitled to a refund. Of course they are. I was responding to the whole “this is why streaming sucks!” mantra.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Are you referring to my comment Mark? If so, I didn't say that streaming sucks. I said that the provider's ability to alter content at-will is one of the things THAT sucks about the technology, and IMO it is. YMMV.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Why are you using plural in "guys"? I see one person asking about a refund.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
To anyone who bought it when it was 4K - what resolution do you have it in Movies Anywhere as?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh I wasn’t suggesting people aren’t entitled to a refund. Of course they are. I was responding to the whole “this is why streaming sucks!” mantra.
It seems like those responding to this recent streaming issue are those that totally bought into streaming so I don't understand your narrative here.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Are you referring to my comment Mark? If so, I didn't say that streaming sucks. I said that the provider's ability to alter content at-will is one of the things THAT sucks about the technology, and IMO it is. YMMV.
I argue on the other side of that issue. I wish I could get iTunes to swap out some of their older modified aspect ratio files with the newer OAR files, Darby O’Gill and the Little People and The Year of Living Dangerously just to name two.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
With a name like Toto, it begs to be spoken twice.
Example: "To be, or not to be" versus "Toto be, or not Toto be".
As you can well see, the difference is most definitely marketable.:)
And then there Toto IV :)

xdsz727qdgtv1kvkz8zs.jpg

Out on Vinyl again for the first time ... :cool:

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Does iTunes do this often? I would think they would know better, unless it was pulled for another reason.

I think the more accurate question is 'does Warners do this often.'

These streaming services are at the mercy of the studios for the content they provide. For the things they can control, like issuing refunds if requested, they are top notch.

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
To anyone who bought it when it was 4K - what resolution do you have it in Movies Anywhere as?
It still shows as 4K in my Movies Anywhere account.

I am not going to ask for a refund. Apple will upgrade it again to 4K in October (if not sooner), and I doubt it will drop below the $7.99 price again for a long time.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
It still shows as 4K in my Movies Anywhere account.

Man, we have info all over the place on this.

You're saying yours is 4K in MA... Robert said his is still HD in MA... Tino in another thread is saying iTunes has put back the 4K version...

I think we might need some more info here before passing judgment on iTunes or streaming on general

Last edited:

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Man, we just have info all over the place for this.

You're saying yours is 4K in MA... Robert said his MA never changed from HD... Tino in another thread is saying iTubes has put the 4K version back...
Robert gifted it to himself in iTunes because he already had the HDX version both in iTunes and MA. I did not have the title in my streaming library at all, so the 4K version was the first time it went to Movies Anywhere. It's the convoluted world of digital streaming and Movies Anywhere at work once more..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks