What's new

The Wizard(Fred Savage/Nintendo) release? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Anyone know if this is likley to happen? It's not like Fred Savage or the other actors have done much else, so a group commentary wouldn't be too hard to pull off.

Zack_H

Grip
Well, I had been thinking about this. What nintendo SHOULD do, is rerelase it to theaters. They got Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Brothers 3 coming out for the gameboy advance. What better way to promote it than to do what they did when it first came out!!

Haha, I, of course, am only kidding. It would be cool if they bundled the dvd & the game or had some sort of promotion at least.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
How about a "Special Edition" rerelease where all the games are digitally replaced by newer games (and guns changed to walkie-talkies of course)? ;)

David Brashear

Stunt Coordinator
Universal is releasing Kuffs and Mobsters, so maybe there is hope for The Wizard, the final chapter in the Christian Slater-early 90s Universal Trilogy of bad filmmaking.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Heh, checked out the other two threads, but I still would like to know who owns the rights to the movie :)..

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I'm pretty sure Universal owns it. The last video release was from Good Times, though.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
GoodTimes licenses a lot of stuff from Universal

I believe it's a Universal/Nintendo co-production

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'd buy this one in a heartbeat. About 2 years ago, I was fortunate enough to get a hold of this movie on VHS for $2 at a garage sale. lol. I personally think this was a great movie. Ok, so maybe I was a hyper-active pre-teen video game addict when this was released, which may explain why I love it so much. Sure,, when kids watch this movie today and see how inferior the games were 13 years ago to the way are today may add a certain element of "cheeziness" to the film. But hey, it's still great! I often wondered if this would ever see the light of day on DVD, so I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed.

JohnAP

Second Unit
"I love the power glove. It's so BAD."

My roomates and I rented this a few months ago and invited a bunch of friends over to watch it. I would love to get it on dvd.

Bonus Fun fact: the yound redheaded girl in this film turned up in last month's issue of spin with her band Rilo Kiley which also has that guy who played Pinski on Salute Your Shorts. It was in a big article on Omaha's Saddle Creek label.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks