**The Wire**

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeremiah, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Jun 22, 2001
    Man, I am digging this show more and more with each episode.

Omar is one bad mutha, and I am liking him more and more. Will he be able to kill Avon and company before he gets killed or before the cops bust the crew? I am wondering if Omar will get Avon's crew while the cops shut down the fronts and bust a couple high ranking cops(the jerk that hates Micknulty) and maybe a politition.

Also, will all three of the characters; D, his girlfriend, and the young kid get out or will one of them get killed or become a junkie? I kind of want all three to get out but this is supposed to be real life and not everyone gets a happy ending.

I wonder what people have on the lietenant; did he take money like the partners wanted to do or did he cover for someone that took money and got the short end of the stick? It's probably something diffrent.

The 3 desk cops(for a lack of a better word) are doing some serious detective work and should have a pretty darn good case against those front comapnies.
  2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Feb 5, 2001
    *The Wire* creator David Simon, remember, is the newspaper reporter who shadowed the cops back in the '80s and eventually published a book from his articles.

So as an ex-newspaper reporter, I had to go hehe with glee when the squad's foot soldiers were directed to the halls of public records to start to "follow the money."

This is exactly the investigative reporter's techniques -- "someone's name is always on a document."
  3. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

Jan 4, 2000
    last night's show was great again, I am such a fan of Omar's it makes me sick [​IMG] I shouldn't like a gay, drug-dealing, killer, but his character is very compelling.
    The fat man on the other side of the projects got a good introduction as well, I see him playing more of a roll one way or the other with Omar and Barksdale soon. My guess is that Barksdale gets word that Omar got his pager from him and then offs him. Just a guess...
    Does anyone know if the show is going to 'wrap' up at the end of the season with this case, or will this go on for many years??