What's new

THE WIRE COMPLETE SERIES - Any Problems? (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
I've been watching THE WIRE on Netflix. I'm halfway through the second season and all the critics are right, this is one of the greatest series ever to air on TV.

The problem is, beginning with season two, all the discs seem to be extremely scratched up. Episodes freeze up midway through in my Sony Blu-Ray player, and I have to watch it on a little portable DVD player that it doesn't skip with. Season One played fine, but those appeared to be newer DVDs. Season Two appears to be on different, older DVDs.

I was all set to just give up and order the complete series when I saw all sorts of comments about how discs in the complete series set freeze up and skip. The problem I am having may not be from the scratching, but from the discs themselves.

Does anyone have the Complete Series set and can confirm or deny this?

Great show, but it is starting to get frustrating watching it.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I have the complete series and don't recall having any issues with it at all. I think the biggest problem is that the packaging sucked. That's probably why so many ended up with scratched discs.

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
Renting the regular DVDs of "The Wire" from Netflix now and no such issues. Are you renting the Bluray or DVD version? Getting mine from Lexington, KY if that matters. Once in a while one comes from Indianapolis.

JimKr

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Hollywoodaholic

There is no Blu-ray version of "The Wire." It was never shot or broadcast in HD.
I bet that doesn't stop stuff from being released in Bluray. Personally, I have a Bluray player but makes no difference to me whether I get a DVD or Bluray of any given title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks