What's new

The Wire - 8/11 (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Wow, best episode to date. Didn't see
* (WARNING: Spoiler below!)
Greggs getting killed
as part of the plotline at all. A real shocker for me. The Omar scenes were top notch again, but I hope that him going to NY is temporary

Things should continue to heat up next week...

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Paul, I hope you don't mind, but I did some editing on your message format, because the spoiler tags don't work in the thread preview mode (when you pass your cursor over the thread title in the forum listing). This only becomes a problem when the first message in a thread contains a spoiler.

I must admit I had an inkling of what was to come during the bar scene. Still a shock when it played out as it did.

M.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite shows. This was definetly one of the best episodes.

DaveZ

Grip
I liked how the Deputy Ops forced them to make a buy bust and Greggs gets shot. What an A-hole!

Maybe she's not dead. She could just be shot up pretty bad. But then again, the gangbangers probably knew she was one and shot her extra good.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i'm hoping she isn't dead, but that kind of plays against the whole reality drama of this series. in tv, you know that the major cast members won't die, but this isn't regular tv.

why do i get the feeling that omar is gonna meet a grisly end? and i hope bubbles actually manages to stay clean.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Yeah I'm worried about Bubs now. We never found out what happened to him that night after he got off the bench. And they made it fairly clear that he was relying heavily on Greggs, and was waiting to hear from her the next day.

Good show.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I am loving this show. The first couple of episodes were a little slow but each week it is getting better and better. Definitely not the kind of show that the Networks would ever take a chance on even if you could elimnate the language. I can't help but wonder what the City of Baltimore thinks as it puts their Police Department in so many different angles of bad light it's amazing.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
How many episodes are left for the season? I assume they are trying to wrap up this story line for some kind of a conclusion in the near future.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I finally was able to watch Sunday's episode and I was going crazy since Sunday b/c I fell asleep half way through:frowning:. I have to let this out:)
Man, I love this show! Marty, there are only 3 episodes left, it tops out at the HBO site at 13 eps, I wish there were another 10 more b/c I like every single character on this show and this show just gets better week by week.
We are not sure if Greggs died but one would not expect to not live after that type of shooting; I doubt they even knew Greggs was a cop but they knew Orlando was a snitch. Man, that guy had a perfect situation, he ran Orlando's, was legit, got paid pretty well, heck if Avon and co. got killed he would be sole owner of the club, but he had to be a player:frowning:
Bub, is going to be close to the edge if Greggs dies. I hope he gets clean but will he?
Dee's childs' mother was just unreal and I loved how he just ignored her as she was making demands. Dee's other girl is just too sexy imo.
I hope Omar will be back soon and he was not buying anything Stringer was selling and Stringer wasn't going to give anything away. I do hope Avon wins this war.
Man I like McNulty, Daniels, Greggs, heckyl and jeckyl, the toy maker, Dee, Avon, Stringer, Orlando, Bubs, etc., I can't believe I like everyone on this show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks