The Wire - 7/28

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Jenkins, Jul 28, 2002.

1. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

Man this show is really good now [​IMG]
    One thing I missed that perhaps someone can fill in.
    When Omar pops Stink, how did he know where he would be? Did I miss that? It seemed like he knew exactly where to be when they went to pop that other guy...
    Love the scene with McNulty's partner at the pick-up's house burning his clothes! Felt a bit bad for McNulty after the little speech given about how everyone around him is f'd up...
    Also liked the Macroeconomics class that Stringer was taking! Then he applies what he learns at the copy center. I like that they are making the criminals more than just dope pushers..
    It looks to be shaping up for a great finish with more and more people being brought into the mix as well.

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

How did the theme say: "When you come to kill the king, watch out..."? Maybe this was Omar's 'hood and he was staking out the possibility of a hit on the intended victim. Just guessing...

I'm still rockin' from that tremendous bass track laid down in the closing credits: 30-35Hz outa my sub I think (I also discovered I had left my mains to LARGE from playing around earlier in the day; neat.)

What happened to the girl/hostess at the party? Dead? Then the plotline goes on to business as usual.

Felt badly for the Lieutenant, obviously principled and standup, running into the Bal'more politics sh**hole of CYA.

3. Paul Jenkins

4. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Great episode. I think Omar just saw it coming. A few episodes when Omar and his gang took down a couple of minor dealers, Omar had the tactics set up flawlessly. I think he just outwitted the Barksdale boys.

Could they be setting up a rift between Barsksdale and Stringer? On Omar, they're showing that they don't see eye to eye.

As for the Lieutenant, besides the Fed check, he also gets around - I think last episode he was at an expensive fundraising dinner. I wonder if some of his money is from his wife - they don't mention what her background/job is.

5. Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez Second Unit

Omar is the biggest badass in TV history, he probably followed Stinkum from where he lifted the car and got into position while they were plannin the hit. Actually D's stripper girlfriend mentions that the girl had been missing for days and didnt even pick up her check...thats when D talks about leaving the life.

6. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I love this show too.

I liked how Omar saw some info(picture of Orlando's) on Barksdale in the cop's office and will now use it to get some more pay-back.

D's girlfriend is incredible looking.

7. Todd Terwilliger

D's girl is definitely above average. I like Omar, he's very cagey, wiley even. He's got some great lines.

8. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

What's this show about again? What channel? hour?

I assume this is the first season. When did it start?

9. Paul Jenkins

10. Bryan S

Bryan S Agent

"One thing I missed that perhaps someone can fill in.
    When Omar pops Stink, how did he know where he would be? Did I miss that? It seemed like he knew exactly where to be when they went to pop that other guy..."
    Ya gotta pay more attention. If Omar's said it once he's said it a million times...HE KNOWS THE GAME! [​IMG]
    Omar is turning out to be one of the coolest Mofo's on television.
    Also remember "Omar DON'T SCARE!"

11. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

12. Paul Jenkins

aha, thanks Rob, I was going to rewatch it to find out, now I don't have to [​IMG]

13. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Rob, are you sure that's what she was talking about? I didn't think the cops even knew about what the barksdale boys were going to do.

I thought she was talking about the fact that she told Omar that the cops needed an eyewitness to Bird killing the witness and how Omar jumps on it and says he saw it(when they aren't even sure he did). Now the key witness is on the Wire getting fingered for the murder of Stink; that can't help the case for the cops.

I will try and catch that scene again later this week.

14. Paul Jenkins

darn it Jeremiah, now I have to go watch it again to see.... Thanks goodness for Tivo [​IMG]

15. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

At least you have Tivo, I have to wait until it is on again.[​IMG]

16. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

17. Todd Terwilliger

For what it's worth. I read the scene the same as Jeremiah.

18. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

Yeah, I saw it the same way Jeremiah did.

And that guy wasn't a captain, he's a former ace homicide detective shuffled off to desk duty after defying the chain of command.

I like how Omar's using the cops just as much as the cops are using him.

Favorite quote this week: "Who's your daddy now?"

Ryan

19. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

This show was good at first but after a few episodes it has built up to excellence in the first degree. It will be interesting if they do another season, but if they solve the case this year, it would be best to cut it off IMO. Omar is a real bad ass character. I think thay D is ripe to turn states witness. A way out of the life and possibly on to a new one. Definitly has enough info and a close conection to be very credible and do serious damage to Avon in court.

I love TV right now. There used to be nothing on in the summer.