What's new

The Wire 6/23 (1 Viewer)

Bill Kane

Screenwriter
Gotta say this isnt a show to watch casually beyond the main Bad Guys-in-the-Project plotline. I need to concentrate on the nuances -- the Major, the Commissioner, the Mayor -- each coming from a dif'rent perspective, and how the Bal'More "System" works.

The hard reality is watching those sluggard cops, acumen-challenged cops, and beat your head against the wall for trying cops.

This episode out South Park's 4-ltr-word sequence by a mile in a hilarious investigation scene in which the dialog uttered by two detectives is nothing but "f**k" and MF and every variant for the whole 5 to 7 minute scene. Only HBO!

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
This episode out South Park's 4-ltr-word sequence by a mile in a hilarious investigation scene in which the dialog uttered by two detectives is nothing but "f**k" and MF and every variant for the whole 5 to 7 minute scene. Only HBO!
I *really* liked that scene, not only for the comical f'bomb dropping, but the skill they showed in putting together the crime scene where the previous cops just didn't get it.
This show is getting better and better each week. You are dead-on with the nuances the show is putting out there, and the drug 'family' is as good to watch as the cop section, I'm hoping they do even more of that piece of the pie!
I did find it funny that McNulty showed up drunk at Gregg's apartment and her comment to her lover was "lonely" to describe him :D

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
The crime scene investigation was a classic. The "dialogue" perfectly captured a couple of competent guys being left to clean up someone else's mess. The throwaway sequence before the credits (moving the desk) was also a hoot.

I love the way they're ratcheting things up bit by bit each episode.

Ryan

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I like The Wire also and them trying to move that desk was classic. A question though....

What other movies/shows has that heavy set white cop(the one trying to move the desk) been in? He looks real familar but I just can't place him. Thanks.

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Narcotics Detective Thomas "Herc" Hauk
played by Domenick Lombardozzi

Hot headed and ready to fight, this Detective works with his partner Ellis Carver. Herc's excited about this new investigation because it will give opportunities to "crack some heads" in the process.

Actor Credits

FILMS
Kate & Leopold
The Yards
For the Love of the Game
A Bronx Tale
TV
Oz
Third Watch
NYPD Blue

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks