The Wire - 6/16

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Jenkins, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

I know a lot of people aren't watching after the first episode, but I think the show is hitting a nice stride, Episode 3 was a good one, and set the stage for the rest of the series to really pick up steam.
    Am I alone in watching this ? [​IMG]

2. Ryan Spaight

Ryan Spaight Supporting Actor

Nope, I'm still watching. Things are rolling along nicely now. I wonder who the guys in the white van are, and who they're working for. And what angle is Daniels playing, anyway? Good stuff.
    The chess scene was some classic David Simon dialogue.
    "Who are the little bald-headed bitches?" [​IMG]
    Ryan

3. Alex Guzzo

Alex Guzzo Auditioning

A fairly interesting show. I'm still watching. It has some promise. But I am VERY disappointed that HBO isn't broadcasting it in 1080i. [​IMG] I figured it being a brand new series that they would.

4. Paul Jenkins

Paul Jenkins Supporting Actor

I also thought the chess dialog was very well done, appropriate lessons for their lives and funny to boot. i was surprised to see them get knocked off by another group of non-police, I bet that escalates into more 'bodies' for the team to track down [​IMG]

5. David Egan

David Egan Stunt Coordinator

I don't know why anyone would quit watching this after the first episode. It's a facinating look at an aspect of our society that is too easy to ignore. All the red tape and budget inequities show us other cop shows leave out. Unlike The Sopranos, which is very entertaining but complete bullmatter, you really get the feeling that anything could happen at any time. I'm hooked.

6. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

7. DaveZ

DaveZ Extra

Was that who that was? I guess I wasn't paying that much attention.

What's with the lesbian though? Isn't homosexuality getting to be a little cliche on TV?