What's new

The Wind Will Carry Us - M2K - R2 DVD Review (screen shots) (1 Viewer)

Gary Tooze

Senior HTF Member
M2K: The Wind Will Carry Us

Full Review with GORGEOUS screen captures is HERE
Probably the most beautiful film I have seen in a few years, this R2 edition of 'The Wind Will Carry Us' does fitting justice to Kiarostami's vision. The image quality is magnificent, taken directly from a film source (as opposed to video). I think it may be the most perfect image I have yet seen on DVD. At times it resembles a painting so much that I question whether it is actually film. The extras are lengthy and fulfilling. I can't say enough about this film and DVD. My only complaint is I did notice there was a small amount of jitter on the image at times. This may have been my Malata Region Free DVD player's difficulty in converting the PAL image, I'm not 100% sure. I hope to compare this DVD to the New Yorker R1 in the near future, satisfying myself that the North American release picture quality is equivalent. One of this films greatest strengths is its ability to have repeat viewings. I feel I could watch this 100 times throughout the course of my life and see more in it with each viewing. 5/5
Cheers,

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...heard a lot of good things about this film... am waiting for alapage to send this two-disc release...
. . . :) . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks